Gaining weight-Accurate activity level for goal calories?

Options
Hi all,
I could really do with some advise regarding my activity levels. I am currently around 46/47kg and 175cm 25 yr old woman. Bit of background- struggled with eating disorder since age of 19. I recovered alot of weight around a year ago-back up to a healthier weight of 53/54kg. However due to several events my weight has fallen again to current weight.
I have always throughout my recovery been physically active- at the moment- I am working out in the gym approx 4/5 times a week with 40 mins on spin bike, and 40 mins weight training. I also walk to commute for about 45/1 hr mins brisk pace daily. My job is office based.
Basically, I want an accurate as can be goal calorie total, but not sure which activity level I fall into, moderatly active or very active?
Any advice would be really appreciated as I want to get this right!
Thank you!

Replies

• KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'd read that as very active.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    If you can afford one, get something like a fitbit which you wear all day, and it automatically changes your calorie allowance based on your movement for the day
  • positivesky
    positivesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I could really do with some advise regarding my activity levels. I am currently around 46/47kg and 175cm 25 yr old woman. Bit of background- struggled with eating disorder since age of 19. I recovered alot of weight around a year ago-back up to a healthier weight of 53/54kg. However due to several events my weight has fallen again to current weight.
    I have always throughout my recovery been physically active- at the moment- I am working out in the gym approx 4/5 times a week with 40 mins on spin bike, and 40 mins weight training. I also walk to commute for about 45/1 hr mins brisk pace daily. My job is office based.
    Basically, I want an accurate as can be goal calorie total, but not sure which activity level I fall into, moderatly active or very active?
    Any advice would be really appreciated as I want to get this right!
    Thank you!

Very active.
  • hlm711
    hlm711 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I know I should run the risk of over-marking my activity level as opposed to under-marking it for weight gain at my stage, long way to go!
  • nicolemarthacraig
    nicolemarthacraig Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, according to the Harris Benedict formula, if you train 3-5 days that would be considered moderate exercise.
  • hlm711
    hlm711 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have looked at this, I'm just worried that as I have very little body fat/low body mass this is underestimating my needs vs activity levels?