cut out greasy foods? - any problems?

Options
2»

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are having a gallbladder attack. I used to get them when I would eat something really greasy. I am a vegetarian so the my every day food choices, even when not being mindful, especially at a restaurant are on the healthier side. But if I ad cheese fries from one place specifically I would have an awful gallbladder attack. I have since had it removed but that is what it sounds like to me.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Did you used to eat a lot of greasy foods before your weight loss programme? If so, now that you have cut most of it out, you are probably now hypersensitive to it, this can happen with a lot of stuff that once we cut it out, it plays havoc with our systems if we try to eat it again at a later date.

It is almost like our bodies remember what we used to eat and once we become healthy and eat properly, it doesn't want to return to old habits, hence the sickness.

i used to eat whatever i wanted, and greasy fatty foods were definitely on the menu!

last night i had a homemade beef fajita taco with cheese and beans. absolutely no problems no pain nothing. though i only had one.

but, it was not full of grease! it wasnt dry or anything but it wasnt like the fajita salad i had that was dripping with grease from the restaurant.

if its homemade - even a little greasy i seem to be okay.

if its from a restaurant and greasy.... im screwed.

last week i made ground beef tacos and yeah they were definitely greasy.. all was well!

What happens is this, you eat greasy food and other junk and eventually, either through falling ill or just feeling "out of sorts" you decide to do something about it all and go on a healthy eating plan.

You cut out crappy stuff and stick with nice, wholesome food, eventually, your body (which by now, thinks it is on one permanent holiday and is rejoicing) recovers and starts to shed the excess weight and it gets all fit and healthy.

Then one day, you decide to have something that you haven't really eaten since you have been on your new eating plan, a nice greasy meal, similar to what you used to eat before you lost your weight.

Well your body no longer likes this, it has become hypersensitive to the grease, it remembers what happened last time and rebels.

You may never be able to go back to what you were doing before, but to be honest, would you really want to. You have lost a lot of weight and are now getting nice and fit with your exercise and running.

By all means go to the doctor, just to doublecheck that you do not have gall bladder problems or anything else wrong for that matter. If nothing is found, hypersensitivity to old habits could be your problem and the only thing you will be able to do is stick to healthy food.

(Greasy crap is horrible anyway :wink: :flowerforyou: )

ps regarding why your own food which was greasy didn't seem to affect you, to be honest, who know what the bloody hell some of these restaurants are sticking in their grub, makes me uneasy to be honest, whereas when YOU made your own greasy grub you know exactly what was there.