Best protein powder/ protein bars while nursing

Options
2»

Replies

• DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. If you made an easy swap of the quaker cheddar snack (130 cal, no protein) for 1 cup of plain greek yogurt (130 cal, 23 g of protein) you would reach your protein goal without any problems. Also, I use liquid egg whites to supplement whole eggs. 1/2 cup of the egg whites has 13 g protein and only about 65 calories. This is double the protein of a hard boiled egg (with less calories). There are other swaps you could make to inch up the protein - brown rice instead of white rice, etc.

I would stay away from luna and cliff bars. They have soo much added sugar that they aren't worth it. I love Quest bars.

Why are your protein goals so high? You are aiming for 40% of your calories from protein? This is pretty high unless you are doing a bulk and lifting heavy weights.

The pop chips are a snack idea since I tried following ri30 meal plan and I did cottage cheese this week I set a certain budget weekly for groceries so I can't get alot of healthy things at once since it adds up quickly and I used scooby calculator like someone recommended and got this I'm also doing 30 day shred but its not heavy lifting I do p90x at times very rare though since its time consuming I swapped it for 30ds and I will look into quest bars also a bit on the pricier side
  • Greytfish
    Options
    To save money, you don't have to get your egg whites prepackaged, you can separate the whites from yolks and add those in - or just add a whole egg.

Also, with greek yogurt, if you don't need to travel with it, price the larger bulk containers. That can save you $$. Also, you can freeze greek yogurt and eat it partially frozen like an ice cream or defrost it. They keep forever this wey. They also have a pretty decent carb/protein ration for cardio intense workouts.
  • DJ478
    Options
    To save money, you don't have to get your egg whites prepackaged, you can separate the whites from yolks and add those in - or just add a whole egg.

Also, with greek yogurt, if you don't need to travel with it, price the larger bulk containers. That can save you $$. Also, you can freeze greek yogurt and eat it partially frozen like an ice cream or defrost it. They keep forever this wey. They also have a pretty decent carb/protein ration for cardio intense workouts.

thats what i usually do seperate whites from yolks and i will look into bulk options thank you
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I buy the big tubs of greek yogurt and portion it out myself. The liquid egg whites are cheaper than whole eggs - at least when they are on sale. I will stock up when they are.
  • DJ478
    Options
    I buy the big tubs of greek yogurt and portion it out myself. The liquid egg whites are cheaper than whole eggs - at least when they are on sale. I will stock up when they are.

I will check out weekly ads in my area
  • ryah1269
    Options
    I use Jay Robb Whey protein shake mix with "so delicious" sugar free vanilla coconut milk. You can get the jay rob in several flavors in whey or egg protein on Amazon for a good price. It's made with Stevia instead of sugar and is the best tasting I have found after trying numerous.