Exercise bike

Options
I purchased one and started with it today I've managed two ten minute workouts on it and it's said 140 calories for each ten minutes. Also it says I'm doing a speed of 36kmph, does that sound about right?

Replies

• Marievine81
    Options
    That does sound high, I did 30 mins on the bike this morning at a good speed and only racked up 179 cals, Did you have it on a high tolerance setting?

Marie
  • keithemp
    Options
    It all depends on the resistance you have set on the bike. A high resistance setting will obviously burn more calories because your muscles have to work harder.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I purchased one and started with it today I've managed two ten minute workouts on it and it's said 140 calories for each ten minutes. Also it says I'm doing a speed of 36kmph, does that sound about right?

It depends on the resistance level. Can you set your profile on the exercise bike (weight, age, etc...)?

My exercise bike's console measures speed, distance, power (watts), heart rate, calories, and time. Resistance levels are from 1 to 20 and they measure power (watts) from 23 all the way up to 1400 watts. I could easily knock out 140 calories in 10 minutes going 36kmph (that's 22.3 mph for the metric challenged). If you increased the resistance level, you could knock out even more calorie burn, but the pace may have to slow a bit.
  • clactongirl2002
    Options
    No I can't put settings for my weight in its a one body magnetic exercise bike and I had it on notch 3 so not overly high. I'm certainly sweating when I do it but wasn't sure how accurate the calories burnt was.