Healthy dinner ideas?

Options
My favourite meals at the moment are: salmon, lots of veg, and a sweet chilli, soy and garlic sauce; homemade chicken fried rice with more veg than rice and soy sauce; beef stir fry with lots of veg, some egg noodles and a soy and garlic sauce. I'm looking for some new ideas though and maybe even something that strays away from soy sauce!! I'd appreciate any input at all!

Replies

• nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nobody? :(
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    heandsheeatclean.com

A lot of good recipes on there. I make the low carb chili a lot for work.

Crustless egg quiche is amazing too. Throw in some veggies, sausage, hot sauce.

My wife gets a lot of recipes like "high protein dishes" off of Pinterest too.

If you see something at the store that looks good, buy it. Just make sure if fits within your calories.
  • nicmax88
    Options
    heandsheeatclean.com

A lot of good recipes on there. I make the low carb chili a lot for work.

Crustless egg quiche is amazing too. Throw in some veggies, sausage, hot sauce.

My wife gets a lot of recipes like "high protein dishes" off of Pinterest too.

If you see something at the store that looks good, buy it. Just make sure if fits within your calories.

This site is fantastic! Thank you!!! I love quiche too and am missing it a lot so will be trying this soon!
  • CupcakeGangsta
    CupcakeGangsta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Veggie stir fry with quinoa and low sodium soy sauce, chili over quinoa, stuffed green peppers with veggies, tomato and basil sauce, ground Turkey, and quinoa, homemade healthy tortilla pizzas (there's a video on YouTube for that), homemade Vegetable soups, spaghetti squash spaghetti mixed with fresh veggies in a marinara sauce, pot roast with grilled veggies, mashed cauliflower (tastes like mashed potatoes) and a meat of your choice, grilled chicken with different marinades.

Pinterest has lots of ideas and so does the livestrong website. You can alternate most unhealthy recipes to make it healthy in my opinion.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I like Pinterest, FoodGawker, and ChowStalker to find base recipes that I then work off of to suit my needs. I'll switch up ingredients or amounts, but end up with some super delicious. These sites are good because they let you browse many recipes at a time, just looking at the picture of the finished product. Very easy to sort by type of meal and search by keywords as well.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have kids so most of what I do will be eaten by kids, lol.

Our favorite meal ideas:
    chicken wraps-grilled chicken on Josephs lavish bread with lots of veggies and fat free italian for sauce
    homemade pizza--typically chicken and veggies on flat out bread (I usualy use a white sauce for mine, alfredo sauce)
    breakfast burritos-eggs, turkey bacon, cheese on josephs lavish
    homemade chicken noodle soup
    spaghetti

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Check out Post Punk Kitchen: http://www.theppk.com/recipes/

It's a vegan recipe site. Now, I loves me a good, juicy steak, but I've started to do a lot of vegetarian and vegan cooking, and it does add variety.
  • nicmax88
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I have lots of tasty new ideas now! Good luck to you all getting fit / losing weight :-)