Help Needed - Holiday Booked!!!!

The summer holiday has been booked and i am dreading setpping out in a swim suit.

Need to loose weight asap.

I have 160 days til my holiday and currently weigh 15st 8.

What do you think is a realistic weight i could loose.

Anybody got any good dieting tips that could help or can recomend any good diets otherthan eat less move more.

Thing is i love food tooooo much and always fall off the wagon after a few weeks.

I just want to make my daughter and partner proud and not be ashamed of me when we are on holiday

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    160 days is nearly 23 weeks. A sensible weight loss goal is 1 lb per week so you should be able to lose around 23 lbs. You may lose more in your first week or two as your body loses water weight and adapts to your new regime.

You mention being prone to falling off the wagon. This is often because people restrict their calories too much and end up too hungry.

By setting your MFP goal to lose 1lb per week (and if you eat back your exercise calories) then you should have a reasonable calorie goal that you do not feel too deprived on and can stick too longer term.

ETA: You say you love food so don't try over-complicating things be trying to eat only low fat or 'diet' foods or eliminating certain foods. Eat smaller portions of the foods you enjoy.
  • EolAcalia
    EolAcalia Posts: 18 Member
    Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) take 500 calories off that, and eat that amount everyday, that will result in around 1 lb a week weight loss. so in 160 days which is about 22 weeks you should expect to lose around 2 stone (if you want to lose more, then increase the deficit).

Really liking food has nothing to do with it, all you have to do is eat less, it really doesn't matter too much what you put in as long as you don't go over your calorie limit.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    160 days is nearly 23 weeks. A sensible weight loss goal is 1 lb per week so you should be able to lose around 23 lbs. You may lose more in your first week or two as your body loses water weight and adapts to your new regime.

You mention being prone to falling off the wagon. This is often because people restrict their calories too much and end up too hungry.

By setting your MFP goal to lose 1lb per week (and if you eat back your exercise calories) then you should have a reasonable calorie goal that you do not feel too deprived on and can stick too longer term.

The only thing I can add to this is to add strength training into your workout, so that you like what you are seeing better. If you don't belong to a gym, start with bodyweight exercises.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    My vacation is in 143 days, give or take. So about 20.5 weeks. My goal is 36.5 lbs. Or 1.78 lbs/week.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member

ETA: You say you love food so don't try over-complicating things be trying to eat only low fat or 'diet' foods or eliminating certain foods. Eat smaller portions of the foods you enjoy.

This.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Why do people wait until the last minute to start losing weight? :ohwell:

OP~ Slow and steady is the way to go. If you lose to fast you look worse than you do now, so take it slow and do some weight lifting and eat, as stated above TDEE -500 calories.

ETA: See above links.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    This is not the lose weight fast website. So yeah...eat less, move more.

And if you're worried about your husband and kid being ashamed of you, either you're overreacting, or you have crappy family. I'm putting my money on the fact that they will love to vacation with you no matter what your shape is.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    This isn't just a one time quick fix. I think to be successful, you need to make a conscious decision to make it a lifetime change. And as someone mentioned earlier, with exercise and less calories, you could expect 1 - 1.5 lbs lost each week.

Here is a site that has helped me a lot too...

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/