"At a stand still"

Options
Currently I lost around 28 pounds since June. It's obvious I am not losing as I thought I would. My goal is to drop at least 30 more pounds by June of this year. The problem is the scale is at a stand still. I do around 45 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week and really try to watch my food intake. I'm at a point of wanting to through in the towel, but I know that's not the answer to the solution.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You need a larger calorie deficit. Are you weighing and measuring all your food? If not, you are likely underestimating how much you're actually eating.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you would want to throw in the towel - your progress pictures look great!

But your food diary is closed so I can't say much there.

Make sure you are logging everything and hitting your targets with food. Are you eating back any exercise calories? If not eat back maybe 1/3 of them?
  • susie77901
    susie77901 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I guess it could be the food that is my weakness. So, you recommend just taking in 1/3 of the calories I earned from daily exercise?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I guess it could be the food that is my weakness. So, you recommend just taking in 1/3 of the calories I earned from daily exercise?

If you are exercising hard and not eating enough you will stall but I can't really give advice without seeing your food diary. You might need more protein? Not sure but play with your numbers and make sure you are eating enough.

Edit - if you use MFP calculators for exercise they are a little high so that's why I said to eat back 1/3 and not all.
  • susie77901
    susie77901 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will try that and see if it's my problem. I've been eating back all and it will state that I would weigh 10 pounds or so less if I ate like that everyday for the next 5 weeks. Well, 5 weeks has come and gone and the scale remains the same. Thanks again for your advise. I'm such a food addict, that when it says I have __ calories remaining, I go for it. Lesson learned.