Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight loss monitors - Which is best?

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good fitness monitor? I've read reviews of fitbit and polar loop but wondered what people's experiences have been of using these or any others?

The four main things I would like to keep track of are calories, heart rate, sleep and daily steps

I've 19lbs left to lose and want to make sure I'm exercising effectively and keeping high activity levels.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I have a fitbit one which will do steps (has been accurate so far on treadmill too), calories, and sleep. When synced with MFP it will give you your calories consumes (from MFP) vs. the calories it estimates you have burned for the day and so far it has been pretty spot on with my losses since I got it.

If I want to track my heart rate for an exercise I have a polar ft4 wich I am also happy with. I use it to track HR and calries burned for cycle class and other cardio work.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    I just pre-ordered a Garmin Vivofit. I'm pretty excited about it. I was holding off on ordering a FitBit because it doesn't use HRM information. The Garmin does! I just have to wait until March for it to come out on the market. If you're willing to wait, it might be worth it! I HIGHLY recommend Garmin fitness products.

Just my 0.02
  • I have used Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker app for some time now and it has really helped me to keep track of everything related to my daily diet. There are plenty of apps to choose from now and most of them are really useful. It will all depend on your personal preferences and how you enjoy using a certain app or software.

Regards
    Red
    http://www.theweightcontrolnews.com/public_html/
  • JustT1m
    JustT1m Posts: 41 Member
    I read a review about the Polar Loop it seems it's like a Fitbit but you have the option of using a Bluetooth chest strap and use it as a HRM during workouts then switch back to normal mode when you are done.
  • cmasonrock
    cmasonrock Posts: 50 Member
    ENDOMONDO FOR LIFE
  • OneEyedWolf
    OneEyedWolf Posts: 19 Member
    It sounds trite, but, I have a Fitbit family now.

Got my Ma one for Christmas, saw how much she liked hers so now myself and my daughter have one.

Ma and daughter are running the Fitbit Flex, I have the Fitbit One (Easier for me since I wear a watch on my off hand and I like the display better).

I have to admit the cheesy little challenges the Fitbit provides are actually motivational for me. I've found that if I'm within a couple thousand steps of hitting the goal I'm a bit more willing to jump on the treadmill and get to that goal than I was before I got it. I'd get on the treadmill most days, but, never really had a "destination" in mind.

Can't wait for summer where I can actually be outside for my walks, but, it's subzero and 45+ inches of snow and ice on the ground...blech!