Emotional eating ! :(

Options
Well, I eat if i am unhappy or alone at home and all i can see is food everywhere, how much i try to eat healthy but something like a hummus will attract me or a cheese sandwich....

Any ideas on how to control emotional eating

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    First, I question your definition of "healthy" if hummus doesn't fit in.

But, as for your actual question, find a new channel for your emotions:

Meditation
    Yoga
    Dancing
    posting on the forums
    Go for a walk
    Call a friend
  • cmasonrock
    cmasonrock Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues..
    You need to find whats causing you the grief and remove it.
    Its not as easy as just saying it however...
    Most of my grief is caused by myself because of my fitness levels and obesity. And in turn i eat because it makes me happy. Its a vicious cycle.

I've taken it upon myself to work on talking with my spouse and she is helping me through the hard times. She only buys the foods that are good for me now and she defers me from wanting fast food while we are out. Or atleast chooseing a healthier option. (subway vs Burger King)

I know it seems like an endless tunnel but the best thing you can do for yourself is get moving and be accountible. DO NOT CHEAT YOUR MFP NUMBERS. If you eat something, put it down. once you get to your number for the day and you want to eat, you need to earn it. meaning, go for a hard walk and then come home and look at thoat snack. if you still want it, you can have it, but if you feel like you dont need it, than give yourself a pat on the back and know you have beaten your habit.

Also, get a tracking APP. I use Endomondo for walking. it auto updates MFP and makes the updating simple.