Moms with LOTS of kids?

Options
13»

Replies

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!

I am the father of 10 kids (all from one lady and one marriage, though after 25 years she decided she didn't want to be married any longer). Most of my kids are adults and on their own now. I still have a 16yo daughter at home with me. Remember it is (was) tough on us dad too. :laugh:
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!

I am the father of 10 kids (all from one lady and one marriage, though after 25 years she decided she didn't want to be married any longer). Most of my kids are adults and on their own now. I still have a 16yo daughter at home with me. Remember it is (was) tough on us dad too. :laugh:

WOW!!! You have quite the story! *clearing my throat* Ahem... Single dads need to give them permission to take care of themselves too ;)
  • msthang444
    Options
    I can only imagine what your bills are like when you go to a restaurant. How could you even fit all 6 + kids in a car?

Well, obviously you can't. Unless they are clown children. We rock a mini-van.

What's a restaurant? Oh... you mean McDonalds? Dollar Menu baby!!
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    All of you have my respect...
    I only have two, 9 year old girl and 4 year old boy... sometimes it feels like I've got four though.
    Here's to you mom's (and dad's) of many!
    :drinker:
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like mine are a lot anymore. I'm 39 with 5 boys, 20,18, 15, 14 & 14. They are so independent now it's very nice! Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a little girl but I'm sure grandkids possibly within the next 10-15 years is going to be enough! lol
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    My mother in law had 5 kids. They're all adults now, but the youngest and oldest are 6 years apart (two are twins). When she had them all living with her, she claims she stayed in shape just by chasing after them. All but two are boys, so I'm inclined to believe her.

My husband had never been to at least 3/4 of the restaurants we went to while we were dating. Taking five kids to a restaurant is pretty difficult, so all he knew was home cooking and fast food. It was pretty fun introducing him to all the things he missed out on being one of five kids. We plan on having two at the most.
  • GidgetWannaBe
    GidgetWannaBe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Only three kids but one with special needs that I count as four. ;)
    Homeschooling two of them. I use them as an excuse sometimes too which is complete bs if I'm honest with myself. When I'm doing my best for them, I should be at the park and more active because of them rather than less. Good luck with your goals.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have 4... ages 11, 9, 5, and 1. My gym time is my "me time". I just started going regularly a few months ago and love it. Before that I did tend to use my kids as an excuse. I'm still not great at managing my time, but am getting better, and fitting in that me time is wonderful. :)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You guys are creating future traffic jams you know. 2 parents, 4-10 kids (that I saw on the first page). :laugh:
  • msthang444
    Options
    Only three kids but one with special needs that I count as four. ;)
    Homeschooling two of them. I use them as an excuse sometimes too which is complete bs if I'm honest with myself. When I'm doing my best for them, I should be at the park and more active because of them rather than less. Good luck with your goals.

I respect you so much! I have an autistic niece and had a cousin with Down Syndrome. I can't even imagine how much work it is. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}
  • msthang444
    Options
    What about vacations?

Uh... we get them from the doctor's office?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends has 21 children from 22-6 months. She has 2 sets of washers and drters and always seems so calm. She's very active in the community and says the older children take care of the younger ones. I admire any mom out there doin her thing.. God bless moms..