Any other midnight snackers?

Options
I don't sleep well. I often wake up at 2AM and always head to the fridge. I think I'm going to start prepping snacks so they're ready to go and I don't get too tempted. It seems like the most vulnerable eating I do. And it happens after I've finished my food log for the day, so I usually end up putting it in the next day's somewhere, but I'm sure it's the most poorly logged eating I do too (and I think it's why I didn't lose anything last week).

Anybody else do this? Strategies for getting though the night?

Replies

• sn4k3y
    sn4k3y Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah .. I do extremely well during the day but don't sleep to well at night, up til about 3am and always hungry. I know this happens so try to watch what I'm doing during the day but during the night food doesn't get logged as I really can't be bothered that time of the night.
  • raaachelmarie
    raaachelmarie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Midnight snacking is how I gained most of my weight. I'd just get bored at night and have something salty or sweet and then go to bed. I've found that if I eat dinner later, or let myself have a light snack with a cup of tea or water and then distract myself with tv, or anything else I need to do, I can usually beat back my craving. It's an old habit and it's going to die hard, lol.