Candy Bra

Options
jlshea
jlshea Posts: 494 Member
Yep. I ate one. It was a gag gift from my bachelorette party a couple years ago. Like those candy necklaces but an actual bra of candy. In a moment of, "I NEED sugar now," weakness I caved and ate the whole thing. I've been in denial for some time about how much I had put on and avoided the scale at all costs. I lost 20 lbs last year doing Weight Watchers but gained it all back thinking I could go back to my old ways and actually keep it off. The more I track my food and exercise on MFP the more eye-opening it is. I work from home and am a full-time stepmom to a 9 year old and my husband who both love when I bake. For the past 5 years I have put their schedules, wants, and needs before my own out of love. Now its time for me to be a little selfish and do something good for ME. I'm looking for others in the same situation who struggle with emotional eating, have families, motivation, and busy schedules.

Replies

• carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I believe you have to be selfish in order to help other to a better degree. On a plane they always tell you to put on your oxygen mask first. You can't help someone else if you don't start with yourself.

Add me as a friend if you like, plus your picture is a British Bulldog.

I am getting myself back on track after losing my concentration for a while. Good luck.
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad - at least you didn't eat the thong (they make those too). :ohwell:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I eat Sweettarts by the roll. I regret nothing.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Is that in the database?

*scampers off to look up "edible undies"*
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You have to be selfish.

This summer I got a tattoo on my wrist that reads "I won't let me down again".. it's my reminder that I'm a person too. I'm so quick to make sure that I don't let him down, her down, them down... but I forgot about me.

You can do this. For nobody else but yourself!!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    The gummy ones are not all they are cracked up to be.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Yep. I ate one. It was a gag gift from my bachelorette party a couple years ago. Like those candy necklaces but an actual bra of candy. In a moment of, "I NEED sugar now," weakness I caved and ate the whole thing. I've been in denial for some time about how much I had put on and avoided the scale at all costs. I lost 20 lbs last year doing Weight Watchers but gained it all back thinking I could go back to my old ways and actually keep it off. The more I track my food and exercise on MFP the more eye-opening it is. I work from home and am a full-time stepmom to a 9 year old and my husband who both love when I bake. For the past 5 years I have put their schedules, wants, and needs before my own out of love. Now its time for me to be a little selfish and do something good for ME. I'm looking for others in the same situation who struggle with emotional eating, have families, motivation, and busy schedules.

Did you at least try it on first?
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are going to have your good days and bad days. Just put it behind you and keep moving forward! You have to take care of yourself to be able to take care of everyone else. I was on that same rollercoaster ride for years before I learned that lesson! You can do it!
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    To make you feel better- four quest bars. One after another. They are yummy. Too yummy. I'm in denial too and I try to justify this to myself by thinking it's protein therefore I will build muscles. Urgh... Denial
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

More importantly . . . did you take pictures?
  • jlshea
    Options

I will get another one when I feel ready to wear it and my husband can eat it next time.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Is that in the database?

*scampers off to look up "edible undies"*

I like the way you think!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    next time let someone else eat the candy bra while you are wearing it. you're welcome OP.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I will get another one when I feel ready to wear it and my husband can eat it next time.

I'll take that as a no. This thread just got a lot less interesting. :(
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    look on the positive it wasn't a plate of brownie or some other crazy high calories candy, so it was some empty sugar calories we all have those days. my daughters birthday I ate like 4 cupcakes. feel free to add me iam a full time working mom of 2 and love to bake and eat. :) nothing wrong with taking care of yourself first and there are ways to make healthy baked yummys it just takes trial and error .
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    It was two years ago. Let it go. :laugh:

I buy packages of ice cream drumsticks and eat all four of them at once on the regular. Sorrynotsorry.
  • jlshea
    Options

I'll take that as a no. This thread just got a lot less interesting. :(

Ain't nobody want to see that. Besides, I was looking out for the safety of others. All that stretching and putting that elastic to the test could have shot someone's eye out with a piece of candy.
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There are bras made of candy??

Am I dead, is this heaven?

Time to get fat again.

LMAO

You just don't get out often....or at least don't visit naughty stores frequently.
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Is it like the candy necklace where you take a bite and the slobbery mess slaps back on your neck, but in this case....umm yeah.