Alcohol and calories

Sally749
Sally749 Posts: 15
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question, does anyone know if you include a alcoholic drink in your calorie count and you still don't go over your calories that day, is the alcohol hurting your weight lose even if you stay under your calorie intake?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sally

Replies

• kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    I allow myself a glass or two of wine one or two days a week. I think it is like anything else - eveyrthing in moderation. Now, some real hard core folks will disagree with me but I feel that the key to successful weight loss is creating food and exercise habits that are sustainable.
  • I drink and I lose weight. The reason I try not to drink though, is because it gives me the munchies which certainly takes me over my daily allowance!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    If you account for it in your calories, you're fine. Not accounting for it can cause problems, though. The problem with alcohol and weight loss is that it can slow down the metabolism temporarily. But, it can also dilate the blood vessels which lowers blood pressure, so it can be helpful for decreasing heart disease risk. And if you drink red wine, the polyphenols are also suppose to be good for decreasing heart disease risk. The standard recommendation is no more then 1-2 drinks per day, though. And definitely remember to count those calories. At 7 calories per gram, alcohol calories can add up quick!
  • Thank you so much for your responses ladies :smile: I really appreciate the information. Luckymam Im the same way I get the munchies when I drink so I have to be careful:tongue:
This discussion has been closed.