I have a serious sweet tooth! What do you recommend?

Options
2»

Replies

• mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like the suggestions posted here, but I simply must have something sweet, my favorite is no sugar jello 1 cup (5 calories) with 3 tablespoons of whipped topping (40 calories) = 45 calories!

Sugar free jelly is THE BEST! I could it eat non-stop :D

I like baking whole apples and sprinkling with cinnamon, tastes like apple pie without the pie! And having porridge with sweetener and mixed in raisins. I never realised what a difference heating up fruit can make but it really does make it taste like pudding :p And frozen it's a great treat for when you're too hot!
  • nataliesweet19
    Options
    fruits like banana, strawberrys, apple, etc
    royal light jello (10 calories per portion)
  • gbpacker001
    gbpacker001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I suggest trying Barrys twists which are delicious and only 30 calories a twist. I also love Hannah Max cookie chips the salted peanut butter ones are my favorites. Also Brownie brittle is delicious. Of course you must portion out your servings and not eat the whole container! But these portions are decent sizes and you won't feel deprived. If you love cheesecake beat a pkg of sugar free jello instant cheesecake pudding dry mix into a container (17.6 ounce) of fage 0 fat Greek yogurt. Divide it into 4 equal( less then 100 calorie) delicious cheesecake like snacks
  • nightflightdan
    Options
    To be honest, I'm finding that if I deprive myself of it, I'll just want it more and end up binging on it. It's much easier to just accept that you want a slice of cheesecake at 300 calories and accept that you'll have to skip breakfast and have a light lunch to be "allowed" it after dinner.

My other sweet treat is a banana and peanut butter milkshake.
    300ml Alpro unsweetened soy milk (I'm going to try it with almond milk later, I suspect it'll be just as tasty)
    1 well ripened banana
    1 small tablespoon of peanut butter
    Blend.

I'll be trying those date, fruit and nut bars suggested as I've just bought a pack of Nakd ones which are quite tasty and the same thing in a shiny package and suitably over-priced at about 135 calories each.
  • timothymyers
    Options
    Pink Lady apples are plenty sweet!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    I have noticed when my sweet tooth is out of control, I am craving high fat sweets. Then I look at my diary and have usually eaten less then 60g of fat. I find if I keep my fat intake at at least .4g per lb of body weight I have less cravings for that sugar rush.