ugg I am so hungry!

Options
I have used up almost all my calories for today! What do you guys do to get through these types of days??

Replies

• leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    pre plan what I can have for the rest of the day... even if it means over shooting my goal a little.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym. It won't be enough for dinner, but it will limit the damage done for the day. You aren't going to "gain" weight if you go over your calorie goal a little, you just won't lose as much this week.

Do better tomorrow.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I would bet that your calorie goal is below your TDEE anyway so I would eat some lean protein and veggies for dinner.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Drink a huge glass of ice water and do anything that will take your mind off eating.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I would bet that your calorie goal is below your TDEE anyway so I would eat some lean protein and veggies for dinner.

^^ This. What is your calorie limit set at?
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

What is TDEE? I have seen this all over the place today and have no clue what it is!

My calorie goal is set at 1200.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yeaaaaahhh eat more than 1200 calories
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

What is TDEE? I have seen this all over the place today and have no clue what it is!

Thats why you're hungry.

With 14lbs to lose, set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week
  • i go over....i try to rein it in and not go over too much...but I go over...

hasn't derailed me yet.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Calculate your BMR...I am sure you are eating under it which you shouldn't be. Super bad for your health..just sayin. Calculate your TDEE and subtract 20% and set your goal to that...problem solved.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Po.......pcorn?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options
    Po.......pcorn?

::hands Travis the butter and salt::
  • lolosensan
    Options
    Don't get hung up on days you go over. I've been there before and I just ended up saying F this Sht and ate EVERYTHING. I am also set to 1200 and find it incredibly hard to be under unless I get some kind of exercise. If I don't get exercise, I expect to go a little over that day and that is OKAY!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Po.......pcorn?

::hands Travis the butter and salt::

Naughty. I'm going to go over my fat and sodium macro's.

Someone will have to punish me later.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I fully agree with planning - helps a lot to keep within calorie budget or at least as close as possible most of the time. And keep some low cal snacks on hand if possible. 100 cal popcorn, 100 cal almonds, protein bars, etc.

There are the occassional spontaneous splurges though...like it's someone's birthday and there is NO WAY I'm passing up my co-workers famous chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (almost as good as sex) and all of a sudden I'm over by 200-300 calories because just a taste will not do.

I've already hit the gym and have errands to run after work so burning more calories is out. Now what do I do? Well, I will usualy try to tweak whatever I've planned for dinner. Like maybe the casserole could wait another day and I'll make something lighter like stir-fry or fish and salad instead.

But honestly, if it only happens say once a month, going over a few hundred calories isn't going to mess up your progress all that much.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    If this is a regular problem, Google the "satiety index" of foods that keep you fuller for longer.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Me too. My goal is 2,000 but it's still not enough. *pouts*
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I tried 1200 a day and it didn't really work..I was always thinking about food and never full! and went over many times which was disheartening. So, go up a bit more, even if it's 150 a day, go for a 20 min walk, go to be early, eat more protein that really helps. I've eaten more (light) peanut butter in the last 6 months that I had in the last 6 years because it really fills you up! SAme with Greek yogurt (no flavour)
    Google 'snacks under 100 calories' or 'snacks under 150 or 200 calories'. For a while there I was eating 2-3 'snacks' for dinner because I liked them, they filled me up and I knew exactly how many calories I was eating. Eat lots and lots and lots of vegetables.
    Below I pasted some options 100 calories each, pick 2 for lunch and 3 for dinner. Also, if you educate yourself about what has more calories than other things you like you can make wise choices. PLAIN popcorn helps. Good luck!!!!!

35. Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.

36. Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25 nuts (Crackin’ them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).

37. Cheese n’ Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.

38. Dippy Egg: One over easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).

39. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

40. Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
    http://greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options
    Don't get hung up on days you go over. I've been there before and I just ended up saying F this Sht and ate EVERYTHING. I am also set to 1200 and find it incredibly hard to be under unless I get some kind of exercise. If I don't get exercise, I expect to go a little over that day and that is OKAY!

That is because you are NOT eating enough...when you ACTUALLY feel hungry...it is because you are HUNGRY. Your body is telling you it NEEDS something.