HELP!

klmmoore
klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I got up this morning feeling pretty good. I have been working out everyday (sometimes twice a day) and have been under my caloric goals everyday except once. I got on the scale this morning only to find I had gained back the 3 pounds that took a month to loose. I am feeling like I am starting over. What am I doing wrong? I have exercised more in the last month than I have in a long time and I am eating so much better. I almost feel like I am destined to be this size forever.

I am drinking tons of water, no sodas, and no fast food. I have only had sweets once in the last month. If I was maintaining this weight without doing anything, then why should I be working so hard to be the same weight?

I feel like such a failure right now.

Replies

• Im definatly not an expert on this stuff, but I noticed if i eat anything after 7 pm, I dont see as much improvement in the morning. they say your body doesn't have time to burn that food so it temporarily stores it. Also, you should go to the bathroom before you weigh yourself, it can make a huge difference! (i've tested it) ^_^ I think it might be because your urine has all the fat cells in it that you need to flush out (just a guess tho)
  • I am not sure but when I was going to a gym they said you may gain when exercising cause you are tighting your muscles and muscles cause you to gain weight. Also it could be fluid... Dont get discourage just keep tyring. You could lose it all at once plus more..
  • I am not sure but when I was going to a gym they said you may gain when exercising cause you are tighting your muscles and muscles cause you to gain weight. Also it could be fluid... Dont get discourage just keep tyring. You could lose it all at once plus more..
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    It could be water retention. If you upped the amount of water that your drinking you could be water logged. there could be a number of explanations, and it could be temporary. I know this doesn't help but it may be the reason which would be temporary.
  • I had the same problem. I gained five pounds in a bout a week and was freaking out. I have just kept up with it and it is coming back off, but I had to keep at it. I got out a measuring tape and started doing measurments and sure enough, I was losing inches but not pounds. I know that the muscle toning I was doing contributed, plus I upped my water intake, and I've heard that if you have a good workout the day before you weigh, then your muscles are trying to "repair themselves" and tend to retain water and sweel - even if you aren't sore. Just give it time. If you are honest with yourself and keep doing it, it will come back off. I've only been on here for about a month and I've lost back two of the "pounds" that I gained. Just be patient even though it's hard. Good luck!!! And congratulations on ALL your hard work!
  • Your burned fat and lost some pounds. At the same time, you built muscles and gained some pounds. Muscle weighs more than fat, so basically, what your seeing is the removal of fat that's being replaced with muscle, and so there is the increase in weight since the muscles weigh more. This is normal for new workouts, changes in workouts, and anything that triggers your body to build muscles. Stick with it, and you will see your weight drop, it just takes a little time while you build up the muscles. Also, measurements will show the changes in size, even if the scale doesn't.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Everybody is right about water retention, measuring yourself, etc. From now on I would take measurements when you weigh in. Personally I don't like to step on the scale often because of things like water retention, TOM, and just having the odd day now and again. I usually weigh in every other week and track progress that way. I'm also curious as to whether or not you eat back your exercise calories? Say you're set for 1200 calories a day, but you burn 300 calories from exercise...you should really be eating 1500 for the whole day. I know that for a lot of people who seemed to be stuck they weren't eating the cals they burned during workouts. Once they started to eat them the weight began to come off again. Hope this helps you out, just stick to your plans and eventually you will be seeing results. Think of it this way, it's not about just weight loss, but adopting a healthy lifestyle as well! Even if the scale isn't budging, you are taking great care of your body and it will thank you for it!!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Everybody is right about water retention, measuring yourself, etc. From now on I would take measurements when you weigh in. Personally I don't like to step on the scale often because of things like water retention, TOM, and just having the odd day now and again. I usually weigh in every other week and track progress that way. I'm also curious as to whether or not you eat back your exercise calories? Say you're set for 1200 calories a day, but you burn 300 calories from exercise...you should really be eating 1500 for the whole day. I know that for a lot of people who seemed to be stuck they weren't eating the cals they burned during workouts. Once they started to eat them the weight began to come off again. Hope this helps you out, just stick to your plans and eventually you will be seeing results. Think of it this way, it's not about just weight loss, but adopting a healthy lifestyle as well! Even if the scale isn't budging, you are taking great care of your body and it will thank you for it!!

^^^^^^^^^ What she said. It's most likely water weight. It takes a long time to gain muscle weight. Definately measure yourself and if you haven't started yet, take pictures. Your body may shift, but the number on the scale not change.
This discussion has been closed.