Everyone has them, Everyone hates them.

Options
Strecth marks!!! Ugh I said it, lol. But seriously, any ideas on fading them? I have a trip to Lake Powell coming up and I will be confident in my bikini!! I thought weight loss would help more than it did.. I have cocoa butter and coconut oil I just bought but just looking for more hints, thanks :)

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Mederma really helped mine significantly when I was a teen. It's very pricey, especially when you need to cover a larger area. But it really does work/help. You will always have the silvery shiny stuff though.

I always felt that having a slight base tan made mine look less noticeable as well, I'm not a big sun worshiper, but I try to get out once a week at least for 15 mins on each side.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for so long, and i never thought i'd say this but... they don't bother me anymore.

A spray tan hides the pretty well if it really matters that much to you.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I've never had kids but I always had stretch marks in my early 20s. Now that I'm 40 they just faded on their own and are barely noticeable. Time.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i dont think EVERYONE has them, and i know not EVERYONE hates them.

ive got some on my sides, but im over it.

with any luck, they'll just wind up as lines pointing down the V to the D. :wink:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Time.

Or whatever works for fading scar tissue.
  • hurricanegirl13
    Options
    Vitamin E oil :)
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've never had children but from being heavy for so long and getting smaller than I was I have stretch marks all over my sides, my lower belly, upper arms, hips, etc..and no amount of anything I ever used made them fade with the exception of tanning, which helped to reduce the appearance of them very slightly. In my experience they do fade from red/purple to white with time, but I honestly don't think any cream will help them fade.

Good luck!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I don't really have many, but I don't hate them at all. Appreciate the magic that is your body! :heart:
  • 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been researching and I'm going to start derma rolling.
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I don't have kids, but on the sides of my lower abdomen I have some pretty bad ones resulting from being very ill a couple years back. That's a long story, but I got a tattoo over the ones on my right side because they were worse, and you don't even know they're there.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    stretch marks should define if you are confident in a bikini...

I have them from my child being born..they don't bother me...

They will fade with time but they will never go away. So get used to them.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got some from putting on weight, huge motivator at least and it can be a battle scar when I get to my goal weight. Optimism my friends.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have loads since having my 3 children and I don't care they are the tattoos that tell my story without being inked im proud of them, I don't wear a bikini because im not toned enough if I was I would wear one
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have loads since having my 3 children and I don't care they are the tattoos that tell my story without being inked im proud of them, I don't wear a bikini because im not toned enough if I was I would wear one

i'm sure you've heard the whole "your body is not ruined, your a tigress who earned her stripes" saying
    i've had 4 kids, and through a combination of being overweight and having kids, my stomach is like a 3d road map, i had a very weird dream a few nights ago, where i went to a tattoo parlor and had all my stretch marks inked in like stripes, ready for wearing a bikini on the beach lol,
    1, there is no way i would ever go and get tattooed, i've already got a small butterfly and i'm too much of a wuss to get anymore
    2, there is no way i would subject anybody else to the sight of me in a bikini, it's not a pretty sight
    3, in the uk it's very rarely hot enough to justify a parent wearing a bikini on the beach

ps hate my stretch marks, but i'm lucky enough that they are just on my stomach so i can hide them
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i dont think EVERYONE has them, and i know not EVERYONE hates them.

ive got some on my sides, but im over it.

with any luck, they'll just wind up as lines pointing down the V to the D. :wink:

love it!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil is supposed to be really good

Palmers do a cream especially for stretch marks

Rosehip oil is very good, expensive but you only rub a couple of drops on the areas, and they 'lighten'
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't really notice mine, but I think I notice them slightly more when I'm pale. So second the person who said get a little bit of sun.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    try Red Light therapy - its at a lot of tanning salons. I'm going to start going every day for 3 months before my wedding but I know a lot of girls who have had really good results