Gaining alot of muscle weight

shipleyak
shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Since I have started this, I have learned that my HR gets really high when I exercise I about freaked when I first bought a HRM. After talking to my doctor and a couple of personal fitness/nutritionist I learned this isn't completely bad. That if it just peeked up, then I make it go down that builds endurance. Since then I haven't been afraid of exercising and pushing myself. I decided to start doing calinsthetics with my walking (which I am up to three mile walks now:) A couple of weeks ago I started gaining wieght. I know its muscle. I can se the muscle definition in my body. I have also lost inches in my waist (inch and half). I am wondering if my body is gaining this much muscle because I am allowing my self to push my HR up there. If I went back to just walking would I gain less muscle. I am very muscular naturally and have been through this once already with my body a couple of years ago. My body can be very lean and still weigh 190 lbs, but I dont want that.

Replies

• Are these calinsthetics strenth building exercises? maybe just wait till youve burned off more fat from your cardio exercises before you start strenth building, i know when i started doing situps and pressups while i was heavey they were building my arm and stomach muscles but not getting my heart going enough to burn off much fat. I just sit on a bike machine now instead and get my heart going as high as it reccomends and leave it there for half an hour, seems to burn off plenty of fat without building my muscles. :)

I dunno if thats techinically correct, just my experience.
This discussion has been closed.