What's your main decision to accept a friend request.

Options
lexcoulstring
lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
Hey!

So when you see that little friend icon light up red and there is a number beside. Do you get kind of excited or more like blahhhh not again LOL. And when you see WHO requested. What influences your decision to accept or ignore?

Sometimes I feel like friending someone based on a reply in a thread or the fact that I can feel a cool connection (music, hobbies, etc)

Replies

• Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Boobs (because someone was going to say it)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

It's ok. I was going to say abs.
  • tooshie77
    Options
    I usually accept any friend request. I will delete some after awhile though. Usually though, the only reason I delete someone is if I am constantly supportive of them and they don't do the same in return.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've never denied a request, though I immediately deleted someone. That was because there was no message (not a problem) but their profile/wall was private including to friends (problem!)
  • tooshie77
    Options
    Hah, good answer! :D
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Age, they have to be a few years older that my children's oldest friends.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    A good message ... No message.. Auto decline

Abs help the decision .. So do boobs
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    None. If someone reaches out, which can take a lot, who am I to reject them. Now, if they do not log or I just don't really interact with them over a period of time, I will de-friend them, it's nothing personal. But I will give anyone a chance.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I thought it was my *kitten* :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    honestly...

1) depends on my mood. do i feel like accepting new friends that day or not.
    2) then whether they have a message with the FR.
    3) then i try to creep their profile to see if i know them, whether we have mutuals, what sort of things they post in the forums.
    4) then i try to determine if they are "collecting" me just so that they can keep tabs on things i post in the forums.
    5) then i determine if we'd be a good fit.

i generally don't want lurkers or friend collectors. i want people who i have something in common with so that we end up talking and getting to know each other. i try to avoid people who are very opinionated and think MFP is the place to post political rants (etc.). i want people who are funny and have a good sense of humor. if i add somebody to my FL, i don't want them to not fit in or not appreciate my random musings and jokes on my wall.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

...also this. :tongue:
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    honestly...

3) then i try to creep their profile to see if i know them, whether we have mutuals, what sort of things they post in the forums.
    4) then i try to determine if they are "collecting" me just so that they can keep tabs on things i post in the forums.

i generally don't want lurkers or friend collectors. i want people who i have something in common with so that we end up talking and getting to know each other. i try to avoid people who are very opinionated and think MFP is the place to post political rants (etc.). i want people who are funny and have a good sense of humor. if i add somebody to my FL, i don't want them to not fit in or not appreciate my random musings and jokes on my wall.

That's why we be friends <333
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I usually accept any friend request. I will delete some after awhile though. Usually though, the only reason I delete someone is if I am constantly supportive of them and they don't do the same in return.

^^^ Ditto.

p.s. I'm accepting new friends atm.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I accept all peoples of body shape, race, gender or religion (but yeah, girl boobs and guy abs help) :smile:
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Any one and every one is accepted.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    honestly...

That's why we be friends <333

tumblr_m7diig61WG1qe6nyz_medium.gif
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty cool to get friend requests. Unfortunately, I can't accept any of them, even the ones I think would be great matches. When I signed up, I did so to support family members, but I ended up loving it myself. At the time we all vowed to keep it private so we could share all our family news (that doesn't necessarily need to be broadcast to strangers) in addition to our fitness progress. If it weren't for that, I'm the type to accept just about anyone as a friend. :flowerforyou:

*Edited typo.
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't denied a request, yet. I usually search for friends on the threads where people are asking for 'supportive friends'. I have met some real nice people, who log everyday & have open diaries. It's nice :)
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Agree 100%
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    A witty, friendly, funny request. Great personality