MFP cookie Swap

Replies

• beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Bump
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Don't have a picture but:

Pan fry cane sugar until it turns into molasses.
    Add shredded coconut.
    Shape into balls and refrigerate.

Try not to burn self while stealing tastes during cooking process.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Yummy page!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Oh man, I could go crazy here. It just so happens that I love photographing my food as well, so I have tons of pics to go with my recipes, haha.

Tim Tam Caramel Crumble Bars These were actually featured on a BuzzFeed article yesterday, which I thought was awesome. http://www.goudamonster.com/2012/10/tim-tam-caramel-crumble-bars/

timtambar1.jpg

1 package of Tim Tams
    5 tablespoons butter, chopped into cubes
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup butter, chopped into cubes
    1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
    1 cup salted pretzels, chopped
    3/4 cup of dulce de leche (up it to 1 cup for a thicker caramel layer)
    3 tablespoons milk

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350F and butter an 8×8 inch baking dish.
    In your food processor pulse together the Tim Tams, 5 tablespoons of butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar until crumbly. Press into bottom of your baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup of the dulce de leche over the top – it will be a very thin layer.
    Go back to your food processor and combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, 1/2 cup of butter, and 1 tablespoon of the milk. Pulse until the mixture is crumbly and scatter half of it over the top of the dulce de leche. Press lightly into place and bake for 10 minutes.
    While that is baking pulse the remaining 2 tablespoons of milk and the chopped pretzels into the rest of the oatmeal mixture.
    Remove pan from the oven and while still warm, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup of dulce de leche over the chocolate chips (I found microwaving the dulce de leche for a few seconds helped make this part easier). Using the back of a spoon very gently level out this layer. You don’t want it mixed, you just want the melting chips to meld with the caramel sauce a little and to have the layer be even.
    Scatter the remaining oatmeal and pretzel mixture over the top. Press gently to pack the layer down slightly and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
    This next step is the most important: Let the bars cool completely before cutting. I actually think they do better if you let them cool, transfer them to the fridge to chill, and then cut them. You want that chocolate to be completely firm or you’ll have a gooey mess on your hands. I know that sounds delicious and tempting, but trust me when I say it’s worth the wait to do it right! Slice into 16 squares and serve.

Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies I love these because they are super easy. The result is a puffy cake-like cookie. http://www.goudamonster.com/2013/11/lemon-cream-cheese-cookies/

lemoncookies2.jpg

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
    1 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon lemon zest (this is about the amount I got from a small lemon)
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 1/2 teaspoons egg replacer powder mixed with 2 tablespoons of water (or 1 egg)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    8oz plain cream cheese
    1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

For the glaze:
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon lemon zest
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon whipping cream or milk

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375F.
    Beat softened butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. I did everything in my food processor, which made it quick and easy.
    Add lemon zest, lemon juice, egg replacement, vanilla, and baking powder. Pulse until combined.
    Add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
    Gradually add in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, combining well after each addition.
    Using a melon baller, cookie scoop, or heaping tablespoon, place balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. I fit about a dozen per sheet.
    Bake for about 16 minutes or until the edges are just barely golden.
    Allow cookies to rest on the sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
    In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and whipping cream until smooth. If you prefer the glaze a little thinner you can add more whipping cream, or more lemon juice if you prefer a tarter glaze.
    Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze, shake off the excess, and place back onto the cooling rack. I recommend laying a sheet of wax paper under the rack to catch any glaze that drips through. It makes cleanup much easier.
    Allow the glaze to harden (about 30 minutes) before packing the cookies away.

Chocolate Chip Cookies My favorite CCC recipe. Several small tweaks that make it extra special. http://www.goudamonster.com/2013/12/chocolate-chip-cookies/

ccc2.jpg

Ingredients

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
    3/4 cup fresh light brown sugar, packed
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
    1 tablespoon Ener-g egg replacer mixed in 1/4 cup of water or 2 large eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 cup pecans
    3/4 of a 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
    In a nonstick skillet, melt 1 stick of the butter over medium heat until foamy and lightly golden brown. Pour into a bowl and wipe out the skillet. Place butter in the refrigerator and cool to about room temperature.
    In the skillet over medium heat, toast the oatmeal stirring often until fragrant and some of the oatmeal is light golden in color. About 3 minutes. Transfer the oatmeal to a food processer and grind until fine and powdery. Set aside.
    Toast the pecans in the same skillet that you toasted the oatmeal in. Let cool slightly and chop to desired size.
    Mix in a stand mixer the softened butter, browned butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and vinegar and beat on slow to combine, and then on high speed until fluffy and lighter in color.
    Add the egg replacer (or eggs) and mix until combined. Add the oatmeal and baking soda and beat for another minute. Next, add the flour half at a time and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
    Gently fold in the chocolate chips and toasted pecans.
    With a size 50 cookie scoop or a generous tablespoon, drop the dough onto parchment paper 3 inches apart.
    Bake for 11 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let set on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

Notes

If omitting nuts, add 1/3 cup more flour to the batter and the whole bag of chocolate chips. These cookies freeze extremely well after they’re baked. You can take a few out at a time and microwave them. Or just let them thaw on the counter.

Brown Butter Snickerdoodles Because brown butter makes everything extra awesome. The use of bread flour makes these a little extra chewy too. http://www.goudamonster.com/2013/12/brown-butter-snickerdoodles/

snickerdoodle2.jpg

Ingredients

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
    1 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 tablespoon Ener-g egg replacer mixed in 1/4 cup of water or 2 large eggs
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1/2 cup bread flour
    2 teaspoons cream of tartar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 tablespoons white sugar
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
    Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam and eventually subside. Whisk regularly until the butter turns a rich amber color and releases a nutty aroma. Transfer to another container and allow to cool.
    In a stand mixer combine cooled brown butter, softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
    Add vanilla and egg replacer (or eggs) and mix until well incorporated.
    In a separate bowl whisk together both flours, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
    Working in batches, add 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time to the wet ingredients. Mix until just incorporated before adding the next third. Repeat with remaining flour. The dough should hold together if you squeeze it between your fingers. If it seems too crumbly, add another 1-2 tablespoons of water.
    In a small bowl mix the 2 tablespoons of white sugar with the ground cinnamon and ginger. Using a small scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop out a ball of dough. Roll it together in your hands to round it out, then coat it in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Transfer to parchment lined sheet allowing about 2 inches between each cookies.
    Bake for 11 minutes. The cookies might seem just slightly underdone but they will continue to cook as they sit on the counter. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • daisyflame22
    daisyflame22 Posts: 9 Member
    Commenting so I can check out these recipes later! I LOVEEEEE Sweets... definitely my downfall in dieting! :happy: :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    These are to die for:

http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/chocolate-dipped-toffee-cookies/

Chcolate_dipped_toffee_cookies.jpg

I actually prefer them not dipped in chocolate.

They came out to about 90 calories per cookie using real butter, assuming you get 50 cookies out of the recipe.

Recently I had to do a gluten elimination diet and these were really very good:

http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/2013/10/flourless-brownie-cookies.html#more

DSC_0199.jpg

They came out to 100 calories each using real butter and making 27 cookies out of the recipe.
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    I can't wait to try these Brownie Cookies!!!! They look amazing! Thanks for sharing :love:
    These are to die for:

They came out to about 90 calories per cookie using real butter, assuming you get 50 cookies out of the recipe.

DSC_0199.jpg

They came out to 100 calories each using real butter and making 27 cookies out of the recipe.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Oh, oh, I am making bread now -- to comes out of the oven so it counts, right!?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Sweet baby Jesus in his golden-fleece diapers...

sabotage-o.gif

I don't have anything to contribute, but I need this.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member

DSC_0199.jpg

I want one now! These look delicious! (in for the cookies!)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    These are to die for:

DSC_0199.jpg

Dear God, I'm about to try something gluten free by choice.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    bump! Wish I had a good one to share... I'll come back if I find one
  • Achrya
    Oh, oh, I am making bread now -- to comes out of the oven so it counts, right!?

Yep
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    I'm here for all the cookies.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Tagging for cookie recipes.
    (Especially the sweet potato and lemon cream cheese ones!) :bigsmile:
  • uptomoonandback
    uptomoonandback Posts: 35 Member
    Bump so I can find this goodness later :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Tagging for cookie recipes.
    (Especially the sweet potato and lemon cream cheese ones!) :bigsmile:

When you try them please PM me to tell me what you think of my sweet potato ones. To me they reminded me of pumpkin muffins sort of?
  • jc30058
    jc30058 Posts: 22 Member
    BUMP
  • Achrya
    I'm about to start red velvet cheesecake cookies so hopefully I'll have that to share soon.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    I'm about to start red velvet cheesecake cookies so hopefully I'll have that to share soon.

Let me know if you need my address :P