Eat during the day, diet during the night.

Options
HI MFP,
I'm a uni student and we had a dietitian come to our school a weekend or so ago and talk about health for athletes. He told us that athletes shouldn't go below their calorie intake because they need it as fuel for the bi-daily workouts and conditioning. He said that we should eat our calories during the day (without aiming for a huge deficit) and that we should o to bed a bit (hungry enough that we can eat our pre-morning workout meals) and that during the night, that's when our bodies well go into a deficit, the hunger will cause us to lose weight.

Is this bro-science or legit?

Replies

• ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i do this so i can sleep properly, better sleep = better overall functioning. (there by benefiting athletic [and overall] performance. but eating biggest meal sometime b/w am and noon and then less at each meal there after plus allowing sufficient time for your body to finish digesting your last meal before sleeping is just common sense/ age old adage across all cultures.
    in terms of it's efficacy for weight loss it really depends on what caused the person to need to lose weight/ ie. the reason why different tactics, if you will, that may be irrelevant to some are instrumental to others is that everyone is coming at the same problem (excess weight) from a different route. ie. do whatever helps you to easily consume less kcal.