Biggest Loser -too far

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
I know I know.....don't talk about biggest loser...it's not healthy/sustainable/etc....but regardless I still watch it......I am usually very pleased with people's transformations until tonight.....Rachel has been a favorite of mine the whole season but tonight I was not happy with what I saw......yes she won.....and she lost a lot of weight......but she did not look healthy or athletic......she looked skinny.....borderline anorexic. I know this is a competition but I don't necessarily think this is the right message to be sending out. Anyone else who watches it......what do you think? Do you agree/disagree and why? I can't find a pic tonight from my phone but will add one tomorrow.

Replies

• cdfitness200
    cdfitness200 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think she looked full-blown anorexic. No borderline about it. They need to implement a rule in future seasons that you can't win if you go below a healthy BMI for your height. She looks sick, and I hope someone helps her to get healthy stat!
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Totally agree......my teenage son walked in when it was her turn & said "wow...she's too skinny" Did you noticed how Bob & Jillian were surprised & then were whispering ...im thinking they might have been thinking the same !!! Just like any reality show at some point it takes a turn, & not always for the best either.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    is it really that shocking if this show produces someone with an eating disorder?

some might argue many had an eating disorder that made them big enough to be eligible for the show.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    she weighs about 10 lbs more than my 12.5 yr old daughter, who is on the SMALL side for her age...... to me, a grown woman, should not weigh just above an almost teenaged girl....... she lost TONS of muscle in the process as well.

I don't watch the show. but i saw the pics.