Help With TDDE?

Options
Well i have heared alot about this...i want to continue my journey with it...can you guys help me please where can i count it or if you guys can do it for me?

here are my details

Height 5 ft 9 inches
weight 77
Activity: Exercise Daily (Cardio, Weight lifting)
Goal:To lose weight...and maintain under 75

Thanks if anyone could help me:)

TDEE* CORRECTION :bigsmile:

Replies

• sandhusaab16
    Options
    That was rude! -_-

:(
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    It says You burn an estimated 2890 calories per day.

so i need to eat this much calories?:o
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It says You burn an estimated 2890 calories per day.

so i need to eat this much calories?:o

No you would eat 85% of that amount, so about 2450. 2890 is to maintain weight, so less than that to lose.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what TDDE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) stood for, so I had to look it up!

There are ways to be hooked up to all sorts of gadgets to measure your metabolic rate throughout a whole day, but I wouldn't even know how to go about signing up for it. haha. There are estimators, like the one posted above, and they are fairly accurate for most people. I find that it changes for me based on how good I've been doing on my exercise. When I'm exercising consistenty for a while, my basal metabolic rate seems to go up.

I know that's probably not helpful, but maybe the other guy;s link will help
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    How about 1800 calories to lose weight...is it fine?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go ANY lower than that.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    I didn't know what TDDE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) stood for, so I had to look it up!

There are ways to be hooked up to all sorts of gadgets to measure your metabolic rate throughout a whole day, but I wouldn't even know how to go about signing up for it. haha. There are estimators, like the one posted above, and they are fairly accurate for most people. I find that it changes for me based on how good I've been doing on my exercise. When I'm exercising consistenty for a while, my basal metabolic rate seems to go up.

Do you think MFP is better? i mean if i ever skip exercise (which i nvr did so far, maybe once in last 4 months) then i wud still end up eating more...but with MFP i can deal with it better
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    MFP + exercise cals tends to equate to the same overall food intake as TDEE -20% (assuming you are trying to lose weight).

Which method you use is really personal preference. The MFP method means fluctuating food intake as you get to eat more on workout days but less on rest days. Your calorie deficit remains constant.

With TDEE you eat the same amount of calories everyday which means you have a greater deficit on workout days than non-workout days.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    Options
    1800 is a good low number of calories for a guy your size to lose weight I'd say.

I don't know honestly which is better - MFP or the calculators.

You can always try one, and if you stick with it and don't see the result you want, try the other one!
  • erickirb
    Options
    How about 1800 calories to lose weight...is it fine?

I would only suggest 1800 if you are also eating back the calories you burn from exercise. I would not go lower than TDEE -20%, but with what you have to lose TDEE -15% is even better.

TDEE - 20% would give you 2300.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    Options
    You look like you're pretty much at your goal right now!

so congratulations!
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    1800 is a good low number of calories for a guy your size to lose weight I'd say.

You can always try one, and if you stick with it and don't see the result you want, try the other one!

Thanks for your response..i think i shud stick to MFP as i have lost 5 kgs in last 21 days..seems to be working :)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    Options
    Listen to Erickrib...

You definitely would want to eat you exercise calories back.
  • erickirb
    Options

Do you think MFP is better? i mean if i ever skip exercise (which i nvr did so far, maybe once in last 4 months) then i wud still end up eating more...but with MFP i can deal with it better

That is the part of MFP that is better, as exercise you actually do, not plan to do is accounted for. That said, if you follow MFP you should be aiming for no more than 1 lb/week weight loss, though I would suggest a goal of 0.5lbs/week, so you don't lose as much lean muscle mass.

If you plug in 0.5lbs/week as your goal how many cals does MFP give you?
  • erickirb
    Options

Thanks for your response..i think i shud stick to MFP as i have lost 5 kgs in last 21 days..seems to be working :)

That is much too fast of a loss for how much weight you have to lose you should be losing slightly less than 1kg/week, at the most
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just plugged in your stats to calculate your BMR because I was curious and it came out to 1861 which is the calories you would need just for your basic bodily functions without any activity. I would probably want to up your intake at least slightly, even more than slightly, especially if you're working out so much. I'm sure you're not looking to damage your body by drastically cutting your calories too much. Take care and good luck!
  • sandhusaab16
    Options

That is much too fast of a loss for how much weight you have to lose you should be losing slightly less than 1kg/week, at the most

So what should i aim for? :-s

i have been losing weight from last 4 months..i have lost 30 kgs total and wants to lose another 2-3 kgs
  • sandhusaab16
    Options

That is the part of MFP that is better, as exercise you actually do, not plan to do is accounted for. That said, if you follow MFP you should be aiming for no more than 1 lb/week weight loss, though I would suggest a goal of 0.5lbs/week, so you don't lose as much lean muscle mass.

If you plug in 0.5lbs/week as your goal how many cals does MFP give you?

0.5kg per week says 1930 calories ...and btw i am not too sure how much they are in lbs lol
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    I just plugged in your stats to calculate your BMR because I was curious and it came out to 1861 which is the calories you would need just for your basic bodily functions without any activity. I would probably want to up your intake at least slightly, even more than slightly, especially if you're working out so much. I'm sure you're not looking to damage your body by drastically cutting your calories too much. Take care and good luck!

i will look into it..thanks :))