Calling all FitBit Flex users!!!

Options
So, I'm planning to buy the fitbit flex next week, and I just wanted to know if t is worth my $100.
Also, if I do buy it, how can I use it along with MFP? Should I just stick with one thing (like just use MFP or Fitbit), or should I use both? Thanks.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• fragile123
    fragile123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use the flex with MFP and it works seamlessly. I wear it all the time, except when it needs to charge every few days, and by and large forget about it. When I want to see how I'm doing with my step goals, I can either see the count on MFP if I happen to be on, or just tap the bracelet and estimate from the number of lighted dots. In that sense, it doesn't give you a count right on your device.

I find using both is great..plus I have it linked to my Aria scale, so it post entries for me too, on weight, that I don't need to remember to log myself.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I use both and love it!
  • XxLostCookiexX
    Options
    Thank you!
  • VoyageurDesBrumes
    Options
    I have it, and it is great! You will want to adjust some settings when you connect it to Myfitnesspal, but it is pretty simple. I set my Fitbit to Non dominant hand, Sedentary, disable calorie adjustment (so it starts me off lower and gives me more as the day goes on), and set Myfitnesspal to have negative calorie adjustments (just in case I don't do much exercise on one day).

If any of you have a Fitbit Flex, feel free to add me! Or even if you don't... I am not picky, haha.
  • MommaChrissi
    MommaChrissi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also thinking of getting the fitbit flex.. how do you hook it up to mfp? when I read about it it sounded like it only works with its own site.
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    there is a sync feature on MFP I think through apps and add devise.. When you link MFP you should only use MFP for your inputting :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I am also thinking of getting the fitbit flex.. how do you hook it up to mfp? when I read about it it sounded like it only works with its own site.

The apps tab on MFP and the "Settings" "Applications" links on the fitbit page = done. The only consideration is if you want negative calorie adjustments from the fitbit to appear on MFP ... they freak some people out when fitbit takes away calories early in the day because they are behind in their exercise.