Is my scale working?

Options
Nachos88
Nachos88 Posts: 47 Member
Good Morning fitnesspals,

I have been using my scale that i've had for about 6 months now. and i started thinking that maybe its working very well.
I've had digital scales before that has been tricking me into thinking i weigh more when in reality, teh numbers were messed up.
Anyone use a great scale? whats the brand and type?

Replies

• jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    I work at a doctor's office, so I just use the scale that we have. Is your scale consistent? Do you weigh yourself multiple times in a row to make sure you are getting the same reading? If it fluctuates a lot per each reading, obviously your scale isn't accurate and I would definitely get another one. If your weight is consistently going down, then I wouldn't worry about what that specific number is until you are close to your goal weight. If you ARE close to your goal weight, and from your profile pic it looks like you are, then do you go to a gym? They should have pretty good scales there. As far as actual scale recommendations go, I don't have one for you, because like I said, I don't own one. :)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I work at a doctor's office, so I just use the scale that we have. Is your scale consistent? Do you weigh yourself multiple times in a row to make sure you are getting the same reading? If it fluctuates a lot per each reading, obviously your scale isn't accurate and I would definitely get another one. If your weight is consistently going down, then I wouldn't worry about what that specific number is until you are close to your goal weight. If you ARE close to your goal weight, and from your profile pic it looks like you are, then do you go to a gym? They should have pretty good scales there. As far as actual scale recommendations go, I don't have one for you, because like I said, I don't own one. :)

^^Pretty much this. It doesn't really matter much what the actual number is, as long as it's consistent. Except, I would argue that as you get closer to goal, it matters even LESS what the numbers are on the scale. Go by how you look, how you feel, your measurements, how your clothes fit, (edited to add) your fitness and training goals, your overall health. These are the things that truly matter and are the important outputs of weight loss, not whether you "truly" weigh 135 or 138 or 132 or whatever.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have weights at home and when I'm doubting my scale, I put them on to confirm the weight is correct.