Overweight, but diet and exercise aren't helping! Help!

Options
I'm 5'2" and about 145lbs, 25 years old. About two years ago, I used to be 125lbs and I used to eat pretty much everything in sight and I used to drink my fair share of beer too. But, the weight has crept on since taking my current job, transitioning from being a waitress to working in an office 8am-6pm M-F.

Now I'm on MFP, I've been on a very clean diet for the last few weeks (just under a month- it was a late new years/pre wedding resolution).

My most common lunch is spinach salad, and I have oatmeal with green tea for breakfast and usually a meat/veggies sort of dinner. I run/jog for about 60 mins 3x/week, my net calories have been 1200-1300 for the last week, and I drink a TON of water. I feel better, but have actually put on weight in the last week after the inital water weight loss. What gives?? At 5'2" and 145 lbs, I'm still overweight at a BMI of 26.5

What am I doing wrong?? Help?!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    new exercise will make you retain water and glycogen in the muscles..as long as you are accurate with your logging don't worry about small flucuations...
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates, 1 week of no change or up or down mean nothing in the long run.. get a digital food scale, measure all your food, track your progress, and determine how much you should eat based on gains and loses.. Search feature on here will answer all questions.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    patience. You've been at it a few weeks? You also don't have as much to lose so it will take a bit longer. Weigh and measure your food and don't overestimate your exercise burn. see where you are at in 6 weeks from today. I bet you will have lost 3 pounds and be right on track.