Food Choice Matters?

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am little bit confused about food choice...does it matter what you eat..or only thing that matters in how much you eat?

I mean lets take a example

If i eat 3 burgers in a day and each burger has 400 calories..it means 1200 calories

and if i eat things like bread, fruit or vegetables and eat exact 1200 calories as well

does that means i will not gain weight in either meal? Thoughts?

Replies

• sandhusaab16
    Options
    Anyone?
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Quantity is what matters-calories, calories, calories!
  • becauseofholly
    becauseofholly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As long as you're at a deficit as far as calories in v calories out, you should be ok. On the other hand, you can eat more food and get better nutrition if you make smarter choices (because healthy choices usually have fewer calories).
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Calorie balance determines weight loss. Doesn't matter in terms of weight loss where those calories come from.

That said, nutrients do matter. Eating protein helps retain lean mass. Eating fat helps balance hormone levels and fill you up. Eating carbs is not necessary but tends to help performance.

Also, you want to eat 3+ servings of fruits and vegetables every day for the micronutrients.
  • SlashofBlue
    Options
    In the long run, yes. Kind of.
    Eating three burgers in a day (not terrible, especially if you have lettuce, tomato, etc on them, lean meat) and staying at 1200 will NOT cause you to gain weight/not lose weight. You can eat cupcakes all day and as long as you are under your calorie limit, you will lose weight.
    HOWEVER
    If you want to feel alive and generally be healthy (thinking about sodium, sugar, fat etc), you should probably add other things into your diet. In essence, everything in moderation. Having a burger only day today? Eat 'em. Feeling a little sick? Eat some broccoli. :smile:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Calories. Unless you have some medical problem which affects weight loss.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) i got ma answer