Introduction :)

I don't think I did this way back when I started to use MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my food, but if I did, I forgot so I'm introducing myself. Possibly again. *grin*

I normally go by my gamer tag so I'm Frost (Or Frostfall / AutumnFrostfall) . I'm a Gamer (XBox now, but some PC), a Geek & I adore Disney. I'm 47 years old, 5'2 & my highest weight was 310. My current weight is 155, my first goal is 130 - 125 & at that point I'll assess if I'm out of the danger zone or not, do I want more muscle & so on. Danger Zone? Ohhhhhh yeah.

Beginning in 2005 I started having mild strokes which was also when I was at my highest weight. The last documented one was in 2009 but we're pretty sure based on my face getting stiff / unresponsive & my losing strength again on the right side that I had another one the past summer of 2013. (I was dumb & forgot to take my baby aspirin. I've stopped being dumb. About that. I have lots of room for other mistakes.) On top of the risk of another mild stroke, heart disease & diabetes, I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) Insulin Resistance & we just discovered I get to have a Gluten Sensitivity on top of that. Because apparently I didn't listen to my body before, it's driving home each point with a sledge hammer. "I TOLD you NOT to eat THAT!" *grimace* PCOS doesn't ever go away, however as I lose weight the symptoms like insulin resistance will lessen & then disappear (according to the books). I've seen the lessening, I'm crossing my fingers for the "go away" part. Of course if I dont' take care of myself & go back to my old 310 habits, I'll regain the weight AND all the PCOS symptoms. Let's not do that, ok?

I'm feeling my way through trying to eat healthy & have the foods I can have with these issues, while avoiding the PCOS no-nos. All the PCOS books / sites say to limit if not eliminate pasta, rice, potatoes & bread. For me that last one has been the hardest. Which I guess is why my body upped the ante & added a gluten sensitivity on top of the PCOS. So a new twist to learn & live with. Eventually I will get this. Right now I read allllllllllll the labels & try to stick to fresh fruits & vegetables / meat as much as possible. I'm trying new vegetables since I have so many other limitations, I really can't afford to be picky about those. So onward to new things, right? Which is also why I'm participating more in this site. Ok that and I can actually use a pc again. (I used my husbands weights. His 17 pounds heavier than mine weights. Of course I injured my shoulder. But I'm better now. Don't look like that, I'm not touching my husband's weights.... for now. If I use them again, I will have worked up to that strength. Promise.)

My weight loss journey has taken far longer than I expected or planned on, partially due to the PCOS & my not understanding what I could & couldn't eat because of it, partially due to setbacks. In 2010 I was 155, however our daughter was walking home from school & was struck by an SUV. She's OK now, but it was a horrible time & I stopped tracking what I ate, let alone how much. I'm pretty sure I went back to bad eating habits & all the PCOS nonos so I just ballooned up. I also stopped working out, all my time & energy was spent first at the hospital with her, then taking care of her at home while she was bedridden. I learned a lot about myself during this time & that I really have to get a handle on how I deal with stress because food for stress isn't going to work. It's going to kill me.

My goals are of course to get to 130 - 125, but more importantly I want to be healthy. I want to be able to DO things. Like take surfing lessons. Go hiking. We live in Utah, so we want to go visit the arch, which is 16 hour hike & overnight trip. Granted, we need to perfect our night photography before we do this. This past year my son & I participated in our very first 5K, the Color Run where I got to meet Kass martin, one of the Zumba Instructors from my video games (which helps me work out). We plan to do the Color Run again this year as well as the Electric Run 5K. For the future? My husband, our son & I want to do the various Disneyland & Walt Disney World 5K, 10K, half marathon & marathons. I'm the one who has the most to do for training, but my husband will be working on endurance for the longer runs with me. Our 24 year old son will need to build endurance too, but not as much as we do. (My husband is in shape unlike me currently, but not long distance running shape) What I really want to do eventually is to something called The Dopey Challenge. It's in January at Walt Disney World during the Walt Disney Marathon Weekend. You have to do all 4 races in 4 days. 48.6 miles. In 4 days. The Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K. I want to be healthy enough to do THAT. My husband nailed it. "You'll become a runner for those Walt Disney World Medals." He gave me that "you're cute" smile while he said it. Yep. I'll totally become a runner for Walt Disney World medals. I did mention I adore Disney. Ok, also to me, that's a milestone of being as healthy as I was before. The medals are nice, but proving something to myself is the biggest reason. The medals are just the icing on the cake.

If you're still reading this, nice to meet you!

Frost