Grilled Chicken Sausage and Red Pear Skewers

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free

Combine your favorite savory sausage with juicy red Bartlett pear and marinate in a balsamic vinegar base before grilling. Grilling up an assortment of appetizers starts your celebration with a tasty bang.

Serves 6 as an appetizer
2 fully cooked gluten-free chicken sausages, cut into 12 pieces
1 red Bartlett pear, cut into 12 chunks
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Soak 6 wooden skewers in water.

In a bowl, toss the sausages with pear, olive oil and vinegar. Marinate for ½ hour to 2 hours. When ready to cook, drain the skewers.

Heat the grill to medium.

Place two pieces of sausage and two pieces of pear on each skewer. Grill 2 minutes on each side, turning and grilling for a total of 7 to 10 minutes.

Nutrition Info
Per serving (117g-wt.): 130 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 9g protein, 9g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 40mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/appetizer/chicken_sausageredpear.html

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free

Combine your favorite savory sausage with juicy red Bartlett pear and marinate in a balsamic vinegar base before grilling. Grilling up an assortment of appetizers starts your celebration with a tasty bang.

Serves 6 as an appetizer
    2 fully cooked gluten-free chicken sausages, cut into 12 pieces
    1 red Bartlett pear, cut into 12 chunks
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    Soak 6 wooden skewers in water.

In a bowl, toss the sausages with pear, olive oil and vinegar. Marinate for ½ hour to 2 hours. When ready to cook, drain the skewers.

Heat the grill to medium.

Place two pieces of sausage and two pieces of pear on each skewer. Grill 2 minutes on each side, turning and grilling for a total of 7 to 10 minutes.

Nutrition Info
    Per serving (117g-wt.): 130 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 9g protein, 9g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 40mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/appetizer/chicken_sausageredpear.html