TEMPTATION/ CRAVINGS

Options
What are your biggest temptation/cravings??

1) Sweets
2) Carbohydrates
3) Fried Foods
4) Salty Foods
5) Sodas

Have your temptation/cravings hinder you from your weight loss??

What do you when the craving hit you??

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mine are sweets (chocolates and frosting, mostly, but not those 2 things together) and restaurant food in general. I love Thai, Mexican, sushi, etc...and it's so tempting to go out and eat the deliciousness someone else has cooked rather than taking the time to make your own meal at home.

I try to limit those things to once or twice a week and it hasn't posed too much of a problem. Maybe I'd have lost 75-80 lb so far on MFP instead of 63 lb if I totally avoided all of my cravings instead of giving in to them...but more likely, I'd have quit this whole thing long ago if I didn't eat some of what I crave!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb/snack freak... I love salty snacky goodness and bread period - I think I was a common law wife to the Pringles guy

I moved to making my own snacks now with vegetables so I can still have the crunch and the salt - since I cut back on a lot of processed foods, I can be freer with the salt

It's also surprisingly low work which works for me - stick veggies in an oven at a relatively low heat and let them bake for around an hour and you can season them how ever you want

My only problem is those veggies sure do shrink :)

I actually have ordered a dehydrator so I can't wait to see how that works

Bread is harder because I am single and serving sizes are so odd - so I haven't really worked that out - but I have subbed them with tortillas which I can pick up in an 8 pack so I don't have to deal with the wasting food feeling
  • inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i am such a carb addict! once i start, i can't stop - especially when stressed. i'm trying to learn how to deal with it. i'm glad i'm not alone with this. :-)