Can't Get Enough Protein In My Diet

Options
Okay, so I am not a big meat eater. I am not vegetarian, and I really like fish, but I am very picky about meat. I mean... I like burgers and ground beef, but chicken and turkey have to be done in certain ways for me to even take a large portion. I mean, if that's what there is I will put some on my plate, but not enough to be considered a lot of protein. I also bought some walnuts and greek yogurt. I am also trying to have more eggs, and yesterday I doubled the amount of protein I ate most of last week but I still didn't eat half of what I was supposed to. I was wondering if anyone knew of any protein supplements that you can find in Canada? I was also knowing if anyone knows any yummy fish recipes that would be doable for someone who is not a great cook?

If anyone has any helpful hints/clues that would be great :)

EDIT: Also, if any of the recipes you give could have a fair amount of potassium that would be twice as good :D

Replies

• cerulence
    cerulence Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Egg white? I like them so I eat some everyday (don't eat too many yolks). If you don't like eggs much, maybe check out some protein powder?
    Or cook that chicken the way you want. And there's always 5% fat ground beef.

Others can probably help you more about this, I still hope this helped you.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Add protein powder to everything you can think of (yogurt, morning cereal, etc.). Add TVP to anything you can think of (most anything with a "sauce" or ground meat in it).
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Sounds like you are a good candidate for protein powder/shakes. Have it with some whole milk. Sometimes it is easier for people to drink their calories/protein. I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. It only has 1 gram of sugar in it per serving.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    this is too easy if you like fish...

salmon, tuna, shrimp...my fav crab all good sources of protien...greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, cheese in general, lean pork, steak, hamburgers....

I used to use shakes and bars but I have found that the real food I eat now gets my protien in very easily...
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with other green veggies with 1/2c low fat cottage cheese and a pouch of tuna plus a TBS of sunflower seeds or almonds equals about 50g of protein.

I'm not a great cook either and I like individually packaged marinated Tilapia. I use the Morey's by Sam's club (not sure if in Canada) I just throw them on the George Foreman or bake it, easy.

Boneless skinless chicken breast, sprinkle on both sides with Mrs. Dash or another seasoning, cover with diced tomatoes and add 1/4c pepper jack cheese, bake or broil until done, one of my faves.

Low fat milk (I like 1%), eggs and greek yogurt are my daily go-to's.