Weigh yourself everyday? and when

Options
2»

Replies

• ryah1269
    Options
    In the morning after potty. Keeps me focused on my goals.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I go for consistency. First thing in the morning, after using the toilet, no clothes.
    I weigh daily, but track progress weekly, since there can be day-to-day fluctuations.
    Good luck.
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I go for consistency. First thing in the morning, after using the toilet, no clothes.

I do the same :)
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I also weigh myself first thing in the morning without clothes and after using the bathroom.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. Any individual reading is not important it is the trend over a few weeks that gets interesting and provides me motivation to either stick with something that is working or change it up if the trend line starts heading north. As some other point out weight should be balanced off with measurements of you are focusing on strength exercising but for the average person weight tend is a good indicator. Yes I am a bit obsessive about it but I come from the point of view of what gets measured gets done. I weigh in first thing in the morning after visiting the can and shower. It is a game of averages and trending so don't worry too much if I am up or down on a given day. Actually a slightly slight increase for me commonly pre cursors a more rapid drop you will learn your trend line and how your body behaves better if you measure every day is my opinion.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    in the mornings after going to the bathroom but before my coffee. I weigh in every day however I only check in here if I have lost at least 1/2 pound or have gained over 1/2 pound. When I step on the scale later on in the afternoon it always reflects all my water intake and my meals. LOL
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    In the morning and first thing since it is the most consistently stable time of day.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I train fasted and normally weigh-in before my first meal of the day but I only record my official weight for the week on Tuesdays (being that I started on a Tuesday and track my progress on my profile week to week).
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday (can't help it, I'm a sucker for my scale). I usually don't weigh until well after I've had my 3 cups of morning coffee, so about noonish? I wake up with a lot of bloating too....can't even take my rings off until after lunch.
  • Pau1004
    Options
    Morning all

I weigh myself every Saturday morning. I reckon is better to do it just once a week because your water content could fluctuate and your body does not react the same way to the different food you eat, therefore you could be heavier on Wednesday than you were on Monday.

I do it on Saturday morning when I wake up because is the morning previous to my cheat meal and also because is my rest day after 6 days of training and clean eating.

Cheers
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I run at the gym first thing in the morning on MWF so I weigh myself after that. I have a home scale but it's got issues. I can step on and off of it five times and it will give me the same weight four times and then be 2 lbs different on the fifth.
  • crazycenter
    crazycenter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh in same time every day. about half hour after waking up, but dont eat or drink anything until ive weighed myself
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i used to weigh once a week but now as ive got a goal to reach i weigh every day and i find it helps keep me on track. I know weight can fluctuate and i always take this into account but find it helps me. do what ever u feel comfortable with xx