Looking for friends with similar goals

Options
Hey everyone! I'm a 37 year old mum of 2 beautiful kids looking to get healthy. I signed up for MFP ages ago but have just started to take it seriously. In January, Hubs and I invested in an elliptical machine so we both can get moving more. For me, getting to the gym with two kids under 5 is a challenge, so we opted for something we can do at home. I've started to see my daily sessions on the elliptical as a little "get-away". I find myself looking forward to exercising. WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME?!?! haha

My goal is to be and feel healthy. I'm not sure where the scale will settle, but a loose goal I have is around 165lbs. I'm 5'10' and weigh 202.5. I want to be able to sustain it. I want to be able to eat a normal, healthy diet and work our regularly, but not have to work my butt off and starve myself to maintain. I made that mistake in my 20's when I dieted my way down to 132Lbs. I think 165lbs(or around there) may be a more realistic # for me.

I'm looking to connect with others who are like me, not necessarily looking to get skinny or ripped.

Let's get healthier together!

Replies

• seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anyone need a buddy?
  • layla3411
    layla3411 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 28 year old with a 3 year old daughter. I weight 218 I have only gotten down to 196 at my lowest weight as an adult. I would like to be around 155 I am 5'8. My goal for now is to just get under 200 by summer. I would love to be your buddy :)
  • seaberry09
    seaberry09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 28 year old with a 3 year old daughter. I weight 218 I have only gotten down to 196 at my lowest weight as an adult. I would like to be around 155 I am 5'8. My goal for now is to just get under 200 by summer. I would love to be your buddy :)

Yay! I'll send you a friend request :)