NEED TO TONE THAT FLAB ATTACHED TO MY ARMS!

Options
hey all...Im currently working out 5-6 days a week. I do alot of cardio and need to start doing some serious weights so I can tone as Im losing...need help having some major working workouts for my arms. I need to really tone. I want it to hurt...I want it to burn...I want it to show and shrink! HELP!!!!

:)

Replies

• Branawesomer
    Branawesomer Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The Jamie Eason Livefit program available on Bodybuilding.com is a great program. 12 weeks and you do lift some serious weights! As long as you can anyway haha. Its up to you how much weight. Take a look. Unfortunately, if there is a LOT of skin, then it may never go away but some toning is possible of course.
  • rockinsockstaliea
    rockinsockstaliea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks love. I will def look into that. Ya there is a lot but i know I can tone at least half of it. I will be super happy with that ya know :) I will go look into it now! also you are rocking with your lifting dude
  • jobegone
    Options
    I do supersets on my arms as they have always been an issue in my mind (literally haven't shown my arms in public in like 18years!) I do bicep curls, reps of 10 followed by hammer curls, also reps of 10 then rest. I do this for 3 sets then do tricep pull downs, 10 reps followed by bodyweight tricep dips, 15 reps,then rest. 3 sets. Hopefully eating with a deficit will give me arms of a goddess...eventually!!!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    The flab is body fat or extra skin, or both. It's not possible to target either of those with exercise. For an explanation, Google "spot reduction myth".

To reduce fat - from anywhere - do a normal, full-body strength training program (NROL, Stronglifts, etc). Adding extra arm exercises won't give you the results you want.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
    Row row row! There are so many great arm exercises, but you have to do plenty. I just turned 60 and have had great toned arms for almost 2 years now -- it takes some effort but is totally worth it! I swear I wear more sleeveless stuff now than I did 10 years ago.

The rowing machine is great, any kind of weights that you row, press, or lift will help. You'll also feel great to be getting stronger.

have fun!
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Its fat so with cardio and good diet they will get smaller..
    My arms are first to gain, last to go.. :-/
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    The flab is body fat or extra skin, or both. It's not possible to target either of those with exercise. For an explanation, Google "spot reduction myth".

To reduce fat - from anywhere - do a normal, full-body strength training program (NROL, Stronglifts, etc). Adding extra arm exercises won't give you the results you want.

^Yep. Eat at a moderate deficit, get enough protein, and do some full body resistance training. Adding a bunch of "arm" exercises wont do anything extra for you.