Anti Vegitarian

Options
Okay, we are having a company party. They ordered jerk chicken. I'm a vegitarian. Guess I'm going hungry:noway:

Replies

• kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Okay, we are having a company party. They ordered jerk chicken. I'm a vegitarian. Guess I'm going hungry:noway:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Are there any sides? Otherwise, if the party isn't today, you could bring a party-friendly dish to share with people...or pack your own lunch.

Sorry people didn't think about you. I am wary of the company ordering in anyway because it might not be that calorie-friendly. Keep strong!
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    I don't know quite yet. Yes, it's today.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    go to who ever planned this thing and ask if there is a vegetarian option,
    even if you know there isnt. just to make them realize

they did the same where i used to work, but that was because they didnt know i am vegetarian,
    once i asked for the veggie option, then made something special for me afterwards, the funny thing was that once i got my veggie thing, everybody wanted that as well
    everybody alwasy prefers the look of the veggie option,,, funny aint it ?
  • Papaya
    Papaya Posts: 3
    Options
    Once the vegetarian options at a party were just vegetable-filled.... aka also filled with chicken and beef and covered in meaty sauces...... I had been assured of veggie options so I was starving and ready to eat when I got there. Then they had the nerve to complain that I took veggies and fruits from the dip dishes for later in the evening. I usually faint if I get very hungry, so needless to say I wasn't too accommodating to the fact that they wanted enough fruits to be left for everyone else who actually had dinner.
  • desertyogi
    Options
    I hate company parties, like you are suppose to act like you are best friends with your coworkers.:noway: But it was a major oversight to omit a vegetarian option, not everyone eats meat! (me included):grumble:
    Eat before you go, and pack some healthy snacks in your car for when you leave in case you are starving:drinker: Party on!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    How about bringing your own food?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    I would have brought my own, but there is another vegie here and I just assumed incorrectly that there would be an option. Little late now. I'm hungry.
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I understand! I hate it when everyone assumes that a steak and shrimp is a wonderful meal that everyone will LOVE!!!
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    Ch yea! Like, flavored rice and over broiled veggies were fantastic.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too! Ha-ha I love it (not) when people assume it's a PUNISHMENT lol. I say eat before you go. Have drinks and any safe hors deuvres (sp?) they have. Usually there are plenty of things at an office party to fit the bill even if you have a nice salad and bread.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I've been veggie for 20+ years and I like to use it as an excuse not to eat that crap. Oh, I didn't know you were bringing potato salad from wal-mart, I already ate. :tongue:
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    wtf
  • kaiyacali
    Options
    blah, now I feel bloated. :cry:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I am a vegitarian that supplements my diet frequently with lots of meat. Lots and lots of meat.

I am by no means anti-vegitarian (in fact I spent a year or two of my younger years eating very little meat), but I do think that the following quote is pretty hilarious.

'If God didn't mean for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I know, it doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I still think it's flippin' hilarious.

*Now returns this topic to the subject it was created for*
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    oh, yeah.....Sarge is baaaaack!