Here I go again....not on my own

I'm glad to have finally started using MFP.
The data: I need support to reach and maintain the best physical shape of my life. I've decided that the best way to stay on track is with encouragement from many others.

My highest weight was back in 2007 where I weighed somewhere around 260 (6'2). I accidentally crash-dieted (online meal planning service had my data wrong) and worked out like crazy for a couple months and lost about 35 lbs in 2-3 months. A nasty case of strep throat, job stress and eventually moving and planning a wedding undid all of that progress, although I hate to think where I would've been if all that stress had hit and I was still at 260. Since 2008 I've fluctuated between 250 and 240lbs but am thinking that I need to get in gear and in shape to do a sprint Triathlon in July. I also hope to be an inspiration to my wife as she attempts to lose around 40lbs. Finally, I love living in the mountains and can't wait until Spring to make some ascents that would've kicked my butt a year ago.

I'm focusing on being able to run a 5K right now and had a NSV today when I pushed through some mental fatigue and negative thought patterns to complete my workout instead of quitting because I was way distracted mentally even though I felt fine physically. Ok, so, I just wanted to share that little victory about pushing through mental fatigue because that is what has plagued me so much in the past. Thanks for reading!