Kettle bell workout?

Options
Does anyone have a kettle bell workout DVD they recommend?

What weight do you use? I know the weight depends a lot on the individual, but just wanted to get a general idea of what to purchase.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    There is also a Kettle bell group called Enter the Kettle Bell that might be able to answer your questions. I love kb but I go to a studio so I don't know anything about videos.
  • Garfy117
    Garfy117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a weak-*kitten*, and I use a pair of 12's. My class does a routine of 30secs each of
    Snatch
    Front squat
    Clean & Press
    Front Squat
    Deadlift
    Front Squat
    Swing
    .....and then a 3 minute rest before doing it again. A few reps of that is quite intense for me.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out Youtube. I found quite a few kb workouts, including Fitness Blender. I use a 20lb kb, but I worked my way up from an 8lb dumbbell, I finally broke down and bought an actual kb, which I find to be easier to use than a 20lb dumbbell.

ETA: Jillian Michael's Shred w/Weights is a good dvd. Has 2 levels.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

What weight do you use? I know the weight depends a lot on the individual, but just wanted to get a general idea of what to purchase.

Check out this site: http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/30-day-kettlebell-challenge/. I started the 30 challenge from January and it has made a big improvement on my stomach.

I have been using kb since last year, starting at 5lb, now up to 20lbs. I love kettle bell workouts.
  • KHattley
    KHattley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I go to KB classes but bought a couple of DVDs to do at home in between or when I'm unable to attend. I bought "Kettlercise - Just for Women" which is pretty good. A cheaper one is "Ten Minute Solutions - Kettlebell Ultimate Fat Burner". That one is good because it has five 10 minute workouts which you can either do one at a time or mix and match. The only thing is that it's supposed to be for kettlebells but the instructor in the DVD doesn't actually use one! She uses a dumbell the whole time. It does give you a pretty good workout though. I use 6kg and 8kg but I have worked up to that as I've been doing kettlebells for a while now. Good luck and enjoy! :)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to have a variety of weights for different moves. Anywhere from 10-35 lbs. Unfortunately I can't give any advice on any videos because I take classes at my gym, but I love them. A lot of fun and challenging!
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Try www.fitnessblender.com, they have free full length videos for kettlebell and other exercises.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Another resource http://tracysfoodandthought.blogspot.com/ She has videos and write-ups on kb workouts.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for the replies everyone!! I am going to look at these links and videos today!

Looking forward to purchasing the kettle bells too! I have free weights I could use, but using the kettle bell will help mix up my workouts a little bit!

Thanks again!! :smile:
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think the best resource is Livefitrevolution.org - which has 12 weeks worth of free kettlebell workouts with instruction
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Yes he is a good teacher. I have kettle bell drills and kombos from the above site.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have been training with KBs for 4 years. I really prefer the functional advantages of KBs vs straight bar lifting for myself as it connects my body/movements.

You tube has some great videos, I would try to check out those who talk about form when discussing the exercise. I really think its worth it to get an instructor who can advise you on form, at least to get you started. I would try to take a class or two.

Swings
    turkish get ups
    Press- many varieties
    Figure 8

Have fun
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    crossfit youtube channel has some good workouts involving the kettlebell