cottage cheese with...???

Options
antxoable
antxoable Posts: 86 Member
Hi everyone, yesterday i decided to buy cottage cheese, being a lover of any cheese i fought it would be nice(i hadn't tried it before). I have had it on crisp bread as a snack but its too bland for my taste.. so give me some ideas for snacks with cottage cheese, what to add or mix??

Replies

• SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like mine with ground pepper and cherry tomatoes... sometimes a little cucumber.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like to add some salsa to my cottage cheese.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds
    Shelled sunflower seeds
    pineapple (for something sweet) or any canned fruit (peaches, pears, etc..)
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love just sprinkling ground pepper on mine as well. I know a lot of people like mixing fruit into it as well.
  • richardblack1964
    Options
    I like it with fruit on top like strawberry blue berry whatever fruit u like. I even found that Apple butter is great on top of cottage cheese :)
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I most often like it sweet with fruit...pineapple is amazing, peaches, mixed berries, sugar free jam. Banana....I have had it with banana and chocolate protein powder and it was great. I LOVE my cottage cheese but watch the sodium levels!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    carrots
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Any fruit will go very well with cottage cheese. On its own though I can,t stomach it. The texture just gets to me. Ugh.

Also if you have some protein powder, it looks disgusting, but you can mix some of it in for a different flavor. My favorite is chocolate protein powder with strawberries in cottage cheese. It's delish ^^ (And really high in protein!)
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pineapple bits!
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the ideas!i forgot to say i am allergic to nuts and the peal of fruits so i can just mix it with raw fruit, not jams or anything like that....
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. Here are my two favorite ways of eating it:
    1. Cottage cheese + ground pepper + Tabasco sauce + one diced very ripe tomato
    2. Cottage cheese + Sriracha sauce
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I mix in strawberries or pineapple or apricots or raisins with cinnamon. It's not that great with pomegranate seeds BTW.

I also like to mix in chives and use it as a spread or dip.

On a baked sweet potato with butter.

I also like to add it to a green salad with tuna, broccoli, cucumbers, sunflower seeds and a light vinaigarette dressing.

I also use it in lasagna to make the ricotta/mozzerella cheese spread a bit easier.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Lately for a protein boost i have been mixing it with my Greek yogurt for breakfast... it's a new texture and quite tasty.
  • doctorwalrus
    Options
    Sweet chilli sauce!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Cavender's Greek seasoning- shake on and stir in. Totally fab. I also used to have this raita yogurt dip seasoning that was great. Also love pace picante mixed in for a wonderful creamy Mexican style salad dressing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Add fruit and eat it like yogurt.

I also like taking frozen fruit and cottage cheese in a food processor with a little milk, kinda like a cheesecake ice cream.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    throw it in the bin :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I LIKE IT WITH SOME FRESH FRUIT FOR DESSERT, OR WITH ROMA TOMATOES SLICED WITH SOME GARLIC PEPPER COURSE GROUND OVER THE TOP. DELICIOUS!!! :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    stir some into some poppy seed dressing for a wonderful spinach salad dressing
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Cut up cucumber, tomato (cherry or grape tomatoes), half an avocado, top with half cup LF cottage cheese and cracked pepper. There ya go. Very filling and low in calories.