quick breakfast ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• makoob
    Options
    My breakfast usually consist of a banana, I also like to have hard boiled eggs in the fridge to grab. This morning I had a HB egg and a halo orange. Those little buggers only have 40 calories!! :)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I buy a big container of Chobani and divide it into 1/2-cup servings in little containers. Then, I throw in a small handful of blueberries and two or three strawberries and store it in the fridge. When I'm ready to eat, I just add a tablespoon of chia seeds and stir it up.

Quick oats are another good option. I put my water on the stove, soak my chia seeds in a little milk, and throw in the oatmeal. While it's boiling I cut up 1/2 a banana and add it to a bowl along with some honey and two tablespoons of PB2. By that time the oats are done and I just dump it in the bowl and stir it all together.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich with [a side of] eggs! [Don't think the eggs would go well in the sandwich.]

Edit 2: If you are in a hurry, have hard boiled eggs
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can't eat in the morning either; no time and I am not hungry. I concur with the hard boiled egg posters. I boil a bunch then have them ready to go with a cheese stick and a V8. Or, I make a crustless quiche and take a slice to work and heat in the microwave.
    You can make a bunch of your own plastic baggies of instant oatmeal with dried fruit to make in the microwave too.
    However, I also eat a lot of leftovers for breakfast. Soup. Pizza. Buffalo dip with celery. Guacamole and chips.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of buttered toast (watch your butter portions) or one piece of toast and some Greek yogurt. Or avocado toast if you'd prefer healthier fats, maybe with some smoked salmon on top.

Pre-scramble some eggs and portion them out into a wrap with salsa and a little cheese; eat in the car/on the train. Keep cold boiled potatoes and pre-cut cheese in the fridge; grab an ounce of cheese and a potato on the way out the door. Frozen whole-grain waffle folded taco-style around a little cottage cheese and honey. Apple and a portion of almonds. Microwave a chicken sausage and roll it in a whole-grain wrap with low-fat cream cheese or Laughing cow.