Love my FITBIT!

Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have also been thinking about getting a Fitbit Force. Does anyone that currently has one have problems with the strap (falling off or hard to close)? A majority of the Amazon reviews I've seen seemed to focus on problems with that.

Yes the strap is definitely flawed and you have to be careful that it does not fall off. I thought that I lost mine twice. Both times it was in the sleeve of the jacket I was wearing. Hopefully they fix that problem. A friend of mine was able to find her's by tracking it with her mobile device. Other than that I love my Fitbit!
    Which is odd, because it's virtually the same strap as the flex, and there don't seem to be problems with it coming loose on the flex.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    So my Fitbit turned out to be a dud. The replacement should be here tomorrow.

I know we're supposed to exercise for the sake of it and not just to rack up steps or calories or whatever, but taking a 2 mile walk and getting 100 steps credit for it was a bummer! Here's hoping the new one works like it's supposed to.
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have had absolutely no problems with it falling off. I have had it for about two weeks. It can be a bit tough to get it securely strapped on, but this gets easier as you get used to it. Those who have problems with the strap coming undone probably didn't secure it correctly.
  • ReneR4
    ReneR4 Posts: 42
    Options
    I hate mine some days. By the time I'm ready for bed I need a few hundred more steps to reach my goal for the day, so I run up and down my stairs until I reach my goal. It's definitely pushing me to do more.
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Okay ... if anyone on this thread has their fitbit and would like to fitbit friend me ... I'd love to keep pushing goals with others ... please let me know. ThanX

CC
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want to get the fitbit flex but my HTC phone is not compatible. Do I NEED to sync it to a phone, or could I get one and just view my stats at the end of the day near the computer.

I thought I read for the sleep part your phone had to be so close to it, to monitor it, so this would be an issue. Its annoying more phones arent supported yet, but oh well.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You don't have to sync it to your phone. It comes with a dongle that you plug into your usb port on the computer and it updates from there.
  • clair3jane
    clair3jane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit too! I got it yesterday--before then I was hungry for no reason, haha. So far today I have burned 200 calories just getting to uni and doing the same walking around that I normally do. The difference is that I can now have a midmorning coffee and not feel starving... and not actually starve! I plan to get up during my study breaks and get some more walking in, it'll add up the calories and also keep me awake. I love this thing.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I too love my Fitbit. :love: I have had my Fitbit One since September 2012 and since then I have logged almost 3,500 miles. (I am a couple of months shy of 70 years old, so that's not too shabby.) I have compared the mileage on a walk as recorded by my Fitbit with a friend who has a Garmond and it is pretty well dead on.

It sounds so juvenile but I love getting badges. I have been at maintenance for a year now. I have set my activity level at sedentary and I eat back the calories my Fitbit says I have earned. It is working well for me.
  • gimpygramma
    Options
    An additional point, and no they are not paying me to act as a spokesperson.
    I started with the Ultra, a model that is no longer available. It did not have the little rubber encasement the One has
    and it really objected to getting wet. I was wearing it on my bra and on a hot summer day it got sweat soaked and died. I notified Fitbit and they had another in the mail to me immediately. Check out the other Fitbit related threads here. Their customer service is excellent. I have friends who've thrown their tracker in the wash or simply lost it. Fitbit has replaced them.
  • gimpygramma
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting a Fitbit One but I also like wearing a heart rate monitor during exercise. Does anyone still wear their HRM's with their Fitbit? Do the devices interfere with each other?

I don't see why they would interfere with each other but you would have to explain to your MFP site what it is you are doing. The Fitbit does not accurately record things like elliptical trainers, rowing machines, stair climbers, etc. For those you will want to rely on your HRM. Keep track of your start time and the duration of your exercise, enter the figures you get from your HRM on the exercise page of your MFP account and MFP will ignore the Fitbit numbers for that period of time. On your Fitbit site you will still get credit for your steps and mileage if you are doing an exercise that it tracks.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am addicted to my Fitbit and have not logged under 10,000 steps since I got it in January. I credit it (partially) with my 13 lbs weight loss since January. I don't care that the Force has been recalled. It doesn't bother me and it would suck if I didn't have it anymore.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit Flex for about two and a half weeks now, I'm LOVING IT. I make sure to do the extra walking to get over my 10,000 step goal daily. I think today is the first day I haven't because of health reason's. It makes you really rethink how much you move in a day and how much you eat as well. Since getting it, I've lost more weight than previously and push myself to move more. My sister has one as well as a few friends and co workers and it's neat to see who's moving more and such.

Since getting the Flex I was able to up my TDEE on days I work cause I honestly didn't know how MUCH I moved in the day and how much energy I was spending on a typical work day. My days off I have to either get out and exercise or take a nice long walk, but it's helped me be more thoughtful of my activity level.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    An additional point, and no they are not paying me to act as a spokesperson.
    I started with the Ultra, a model that is no longer available. It did not have the little rubber encasement the One has
    and it really objected to getting wet. I was wearing it on my bra and on a hot summer day it got sweat soaked and died. I notified Fitbit and they had another in the mail to me immediately. Check out the other Fitbit related threads here. Their customer service is excellent. I have friends who've thrown their tracker in the wash or simply lost it. Fitbit has replaced them.

Everywhere I have read they have the superior customer service when it comes to their devices. From replacing lost and stolen devices to replacing faulty one's as well. Gotta love a company that bends over backwards to make their customers happy.