Staying Motivated

Options
I was curious, in order to stay motivated what do you do? For example I can't really eat then switch off per se, I can't switch off food so spend longer than MFP than I might normally on a website, because I stay motivated reading other posts and trying to give other advice or my opinion.

Over time there is the motivation from the progress made, but day to day I think it's a little bit less 'accessible'. What do you do to stay motivated or keep your mind off excess junk food/mind on more healthy food.

Replies

• Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rhoshambeau
    rhoshambeau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Might be weird but I listen to this. Who knew Joe Rogan was so motivating. Warning there are a couple F bombs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN6N2GY-7u8
  • paleobacon
    paleobacon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I make vision boards! They're a collage of motivational pictures (weights, delicious healthy meals, the body shape I would like ideally) and I post it everywhere around the house and make it the background of my computer and phone. I also try to subscribe to websites that post motivational material.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated by focusing on the process of being a better me...getting better nutrition...improving my fitness level...being healthier. I don't really focus on those end results...because really...when it comes down to it, there is no end...you are never done. It will be crucial when you get to maintenance to understand this and see that bigger picture. When you're at maintenance you can't look at the scale for motivation...because you're maintaining...it has to be about more than just the scale.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I make vision boards! They're a collage of motivational pictures (weights, delicious healthy meals, the body shape I would like ideally) and I post it everywhere around the house and make it the background of my computer and phone. I also try to subscribe to websites that post motivational material.

Ooh I like the motivational website idea! What websites do you use???

Unfortunately although I was able to before, I'm less able to but fresh fruit and vegetables because although it's a good thing, I was going through so much of it so couldn't really afford it and not balancing out my meals enough. For example I'd focus on salad and protein and not incorporate carbs enough. So I tend to bulk buy and make batch meals rather than eating them raw. So for example tonight I had bolognese I'd frozen, but it's with extra lean pork mince, drained after cooking and 4 or 5 different vegetables.