Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    sad really
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It's sad. That's why I dont watch weight loss shows, eventually someone was going to go to far.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever watched the show but I did see a video of her coming out and then her weighing in. I thought she looked pretty decent for her frame, except her face seems to be too bony now, but that may just be her features. And since that's all I saw of it that's all I can judge it and her on is the superficial, sorry about that! :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    17vath.jpg
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im hoping Rachel got that thin just to win that show. She went to the extreme and i hope she gains atleast 15 back.
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bob and Jillians facial expressions tell all. I wish I had seen Dolvettes face as i am sure he too was shocked. I feel bad for him. It seems that people are blaming him for Rachels obvious huge weight loss. He is responsible while they are at the Ranch. He can't be held responsible for what she did once she left. I can't judge the situation from my house but it sure appears that she has lost a whole lot of muscle and fat. There was nothing to her. I don't want to get jumped on for my opinion but she really did not look healthy. I hope she is okay though. She worked hard to win.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the looks on Bob and Jillian's faces said it all.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    250 grand is a big motivator. I don't watch so...... to each their own.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    According to stats, she was 151lbs when she left the ranch and 90 days later, she's 105lbs. That's 46lbs in 90 days. Wow!

I started at 150lbs and am two inches taller than her. 90 days on, I lost 25lbs only and thought that was good, lol.
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    There's a lot of incentive to lose it big - that's a lot of money for an average person. Honestly, I thought she looked too thin, especially for being on TV... I hope she swings back to healthier ground and stays active and strong and stays in touch with her inner athlete... I pray she relooks at her relationship with food and doesn't go down the path of the other extreme... Extremes either way are just not healthy.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Being in Australia, I haven't seen it, but it's popped up in news sites here. I investigated a little, and since her BMI is underweight, I would have thought perhaps they could use this as a condition of the show. That you cannot go under a BMI of 18, as to go underneath this is irresponsible to the viewing public.

I guess I'm saying that her feat should disqualify her from winning, as it goes too far. Not that she doesn't look great, but she's teetering on the edge of an eating disorder and we don't want to promote that. If you're strong willed enough, I'm sure it's easy enough to put everything else aside for a few months and just focus on losing enough weight to get to that point of victory. Still, that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

They may need to rethink the way that winners are crowned after this. It could be a starting point for others to do the same, until we see anorexic winners. That is completely against the message of the show.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Dolvett seemed proud it showed a brief moment after her weigh in.... I don't agree with the measurement that occured for her to be successful but I dont blame Rachel for it.

TBL producers, trainers should have worked with them at home, the rules of the final weigh in should have been different maybe two winners one male and one female since their body types are differernt or at least a certain weight and if they reach it they get a share of the money
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's tricky. Women and Men are certainly different in the way their bodies react. And I guess it's hard to put a blanket rule on what is considered far enough. But something needs to be addressed to make sure this isn't going to be the way forward.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great. Arms are a little skinny for my personal taste. But then again, many say my arms are too muscular.

Kudos to her.

In b4 skinny shaming..... Oh...too late.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great. Arms are a little skinny for my personal taste. But then again, many say my arms are too muscular.

Kudos to her.

Going from one eating disorder to another isn't progress... this has nothing to do with skinny shaming.
  • DjinnMarie
    Options

Kudos to her.

Going from one eating disorder to another isn't progress... this has nothing to do with skinny shaming.

Eating disorder?!?

Of all the different BMI charts I checked, she is at 18 BMI on the lowest one. 18.5 is the cut off for healthy. So I guess anybody with 25.5 BMI has an eating disorder too. Maybe I should call everybody with a 25.5 BMI disgustingly fat, since that's what is being said about her all over this site.

Yet we all know BMI charts are BS. But in her case they are accurate, right?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

Kudos to her.

Eating disorder?!?

Of all the different BMI charts I checked, she is at 18 BMI on the lowest one. 18.5 is the cut off for healthy. So I guess anybody with 25.5 BMI has an eating disorder too. Maybe I should call everybody with a 25.5 BMI disgustingly fat, since that's what is being said about her all over this site.

You should try reading articles on people who've either worked on The Biggest Loser or been contestants. They have a very tight disclosure agreement with severe financial penalties if anyone talks about their inner workings. Excluding any measurement of any kind the show promotes eating disorders behind the scenes.

If you think being thin equates to being healthy you've completely missed the point.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For $250,000 I'd go a little overboard too - she didn't know how much she needed to lose to win and I think she won by only 5% which was 13 pounds. If she gains that back in muscle she'll look great.

Going forward hopefully the show will put limits in - DietBet does for their contests. The show could always come up with a crowd voting tiebreaker or something.
  • DjinnMarie
    Options

Kudos to her.

Eating disorder?!?

You should try reading articles on people who've either worked on The Biggest Loser or been contestants. They have a very tight disclosure agreement with severe financial penalties if anyone talks about their inner workings. Excluding any measurement of any kind the show promotes eating disorders behind the scenes.

If you think being thin equates to being healthy you've completely missed the point.

I never said it did. I said being, at most, a few pounds under weight doesn't make her unhealthy, anorexic or deserving of ridicule. No more than a person who is a few pounds overweight.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Didn't see this, but Supernatural had a great weight loss episode this week!