Started a 750 calorie a day diet.

Hello, I am new to dieting and such, and I started exactly one week ago. What I am doing is I am eating 150 calorie meals, 5 times a day. This is a little under half of what is reçcomended for my calorie intake to lose weight. I am currently 252 lbs, 6' 1'', 22 and male.

I was wondering if anyone else had success with eating under their calorie amount before, or recommend something else.

Thanks in advance =),
Willie.

Replies

• Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Inb4
  • RelevantKnowledge
    RelevantKnowledge Posts: 41 Member
    Here we go....
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    I am not going to offer any advice because you're about to get plenty of it.

But I am curious as to why you would choose to do such a very low calorie diet?
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    No.
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Let us know how you get on with the dizziness, fatigue, hair loss, brittle bones, brittle nails and all the other bad stuff which goes with eating so few calories.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Why so low for someone of your height and weight? My husband is also 6'1 and about 240 now and eats between 2300 - 3000 calories to lose weight. You can eat more and still lose at a healthy pace and maintain your muscle mass.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Well, on the show My 600lb Life, the lowest I have seen those people put on is 1000cals/day under medical supervision...and those people all weigh 600+ lbs.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Stupid

Idea.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Oh good grief.

Do you at least have a doctor to monitor your progress and make sure you're getting enough nutrients?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Stupid really ought to be painful. This actually might be.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Troll?

Please be a troll.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    *grabbing popcorn and a beach chair*
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Short answer: Stupid

Longer answer: Really dumb stupid. Do some research on this forum.

Longest answer: Idiotic plan that will lead to horrible symptoms and eventually utter failure and a rebound to a heavier weight.

Do you plan on eating 750 calories a day for the rest of your life? No? Well then, stop being stupid and eat at a limit you can sustain, is satisfying, and that you see progress on.

Rob
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

Also....

VLCD, such as what you are doing, are not promoted here on the site and are actually against MFP rules. Just thought I would point that out.
  • megaen29
    megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
    I'm going to put what everyone is saying a little nicer.

The calories MFP gives you are already the level you need to eat to lose weight. You should aim for this amount every day to make sure you keep your energy up and don't get crazy cravings and dizziness etc.

The minimum anyone should eat for a day is 1200 cals. You need a certain amount of cals for energy and for basic things such as breathing, regular metabolism, daily work and exercise etc. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone either. I tried going for a while at 1200 cals and it made me feel like I was starving.

Anything less and you will encounter medical problems, most likely binge eating, and complete loss of energy.
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    I think maybe you are brand-new to this whole concept of weight loss. May I please suggest you order TODAY a book called OVERCOMING OVEREATING. It will explain to you that starving yourself is the opposite of what you need to do. Please trust me, this book will get you started on a healthier path.
  • Double your calories! You will still lose weight but have energy to function!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I'm going to put what everyone is saying a little nicer.

The calories MFP gives you are already the level you need to eat to lose weight. You should aim for this amount every day to make sure you keep your energy up and don't get crazy cravings and dizziness etc.

The minimum anyone should eat for a day is 1200 cals. You need a certain amount of cals for energy and for basic things such as breathing, regular metabolism, daily work and exercise etc. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone either. I tried going for a while at 1200 cals and it made me feel like I was starving.

Anything less and you will encounter medical problems, most likely binge eating, and complete loss of energy.

Hes a tall male.
    1800 is his minimum.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    or recommend something else.

Yeah, eat like a human being.

pinkiepopcorn.gif
This discussion has been closed.