Getting past a mental barrier

Options
Getting below 70kgs was a definite mental barrier for me.
My starting weight was 77.2 kgs, and I did well until I got to about 71kgs, and then I ended up stopping counting and put on some more weight.
Started again about 6 months later, this time about 74kgs, got to 71kgs and starting fluctuating between 72 and 70.5 kgs.
I won't say I plateaued, because it wasn't so much that I was sticking to my calorie intake and not going over, but more that everytime I got close, something would come up and I would eat more.

In December I decided to just go one month, calories set to maintanence and concentrating on logging everything and not worrying if I went over or gained weight. I put on about half a kg, mostly during the week of Xmas/my birthday.
So start of January I was about 71kgs, and I got right back on track, got my diet back to net 1500 calories, started going to the gym more regularly, got all my measurements taken at the gym, started going to pilates and I FINALLY GOT A WEIGHT BELOW 70kgs.

The really interesting thing I found was that once I broke the 70kg barrier I started receiving a lot of comments about having lost weight, and looking good etc.
Before that just about only my mum and my best friend had noticed.
Anyone had a similar experience there?

Now I am using the TDEE approach, 1850 calories a day, and the weight is just coming off. This morning I weighed in at 68.8 kgs which means I have just over half a kg this week (more than 1 pound).

My goal weight of 65 kgs now feels like it is just within reach.

My clothes are starting to fall off :P

I have started admiring myself in the mirror.

I am enjoying clothes shopping much more than ever before, with more choices.

I have replaced the dilemma of finding clothes that look nice, with the dilemma of deciding which outfit to buy.

I have decided to enter the 6.5 km fun run/walk, at an upcoming event (the serious events are 10k and half marathon).

Anyway, just my little story.

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Some photos:

December 2012, close to my peak weight, 77 kg
    44586_492293810821985_1762210463_n.jpg
    61831_492294077488625_1704813736_n.jpg

Today, wearing the same t-shirt as in those first photos.
    2zy8pxe.jpg
    2lnbqr8.jpg

Just showing off. These pants used to be tight, now I have to wear a belt or I risk having my pants fall down.
    mwpity.jpg
  • emmeryne
    Options
    Great job!! How tall are you?
  • emmeryne
    Options
    PS this might sound like a really weird question but were your before pics taken at the zoo in Wellington NZ? It looks so familiar haha
  • Dewymorning
    Options
    PS this might sound like a really weird question but were your before pics taken at the zoo in Wellington NZ? It looks so familiar haha

Yes. Are you from Wellington too?

And I am 160cm (give or take 1 cm) tall, or 5' 3" in the old way of saying.

And... I just bought a new pair of work pants, so I don't have to wear those loose ones with a belt all the time now.

Yay!
  • emmeryne
    Options
    I sure am!

Awesome, congrats :)
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Dewymorning
    Options
    Thanks.

I keep looking at my before photo and thinking "Were my arms really that big?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!