Debate: Does Tea and Coffee count towards your water intake?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ptydebbie
    ptydebbie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recommend organic tea. Regular tea contains fluoride which is poison for your body. Fluoride is not meant to be consumed... It should be applied topically not internally.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    *mows down on all the popcorn*

See this two liter jug o soda? It's made with real water...
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I count my iced tea. I don't drink coffee.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I make life simple... I drink tea/coffee and they are just that tea/coffee and I drink WATER that count as - well - Water!

So no I do not combine them in the water count for a day.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    *mows down on all the popcorn*

See this two liter jug o soda? It's made with real water...

No it isnt! When you add the fizz it stops being water and becomes bacon! :huh:
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't count Tea and coffee as my water intake, not sure why though.. it would make life easier if i did and totally lead to less toilet breaks with all the fluids inside me :)

I don't count my coffee as water intake either. I log "only water" toward my goal. If I add Crystal light to a bottle of water I don't count it as water. I like to keep track of my "plain water" as just that. Right or wrong it's my personal choice. I do log the milk I add to my coffee.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I still don't even understand why is it that important to count your water.

Most athletes I know (and for us it DOES make a difference to be dehydrated in some circumstances) simply go by the color of urine. Pale/clear = good. Dark and opaque = drink more. Of course, if you're eating beets, carotenes, or other similar compounds this gets "colored" so to speak.

The other people I know that need to keep track of this is those with propensity to kidney stones. Otherwise it seems like a lot of debate for no gain.

There's an amazing number of bunk crap on this, like the fluorine in water silliness (lol at the organic tea, if your source of water is in most places in the developed world fluorine is added municipally, whether your tea is organic, grown from the tears of angels, or even home grown hibiscus).

I don't count my intake. I drink 2/3 large glasses at my desk (about 6 cups, 1.5 l). I also drink about 2 cups of green tea, 3 cups of coffee, about 1 cup of juice, and about 1.5 liters of sports drink daily for my bike rides. As well as soup, water-rich fruits and vegetables, etc.

There so much dogma here it's almost Catholics Vs. Protestants. You guys are funny :)
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I personally do not count tea/coffee towards water consumption. Ive also read before that tea/coffee can act as a diuretic so that you are supposed to drink an extra cup of water for each cup of tea/coffee. Ive also read that you just have to have "liquids" throughout the day. But I count only pure water or flavored water as my "water" intake and try to have half my body weight in OZ of water.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way: There isn't a secret mystery compartment in my stomach where water goes, it gets mixed in with everything else, in with my eggs, or salad, or chips, or whatever I ate alongside drinking water, it's all mixed together in my tummy, so why would tea or coffee be any different then then anything else in my stomach? Salt can be dehydrating - eating potato chips and drinking water at the same time I have both something dehydrating and water in my stomach at the same time. Yes, I'm just some random internet chick, I have no science to support this stance, but it makes sense to me.