Correct me if I'm wrong ... PLEASE!

Options
I am a new member still trying to figure out this calorie thing out. So I'm 5'6 217 lbs, I work with kids and teach dance. My current activity level is set to lightly active. According to my fitbit I burn a average of 2700-3000 calories a day. I do about 30 minutes of cardio 5-6 times a week. My TDEE 2641 my BMR is 1704 so I set my calories to about 1900. I want to go down to 170...Is that sound about right? Please someone help me so I can be done with this topic for once and for all

Replies

• FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    With almost 50lbs to lose and if your TDEE is 2700-3000 I would think 2000 would be a good goal. That puts you at 2 lbs a week if you hit high activity and just over 1.5lbs a week if you are I the lower end.
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    With almost 50lbs to lose and if your TDEE is 2700-3000 I would think 2000 would be a good goal. That puts you at 2 lbs a week if you hit high activity and just over 1.5lbs a week if you are I the lower end.

So is my fitbit basically the same as TDEE
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options

So is my fitbit basically the same as TDEE
    Yes TDEE is total daily energy expenditure, The amount of cals you use in a day. If your fit bit measures you at 2700-3000 as long as it is set correctly for you that is your cal usage range.