Looking to make friends who are also trying to gain weight

Options
Hi there,

My name is Alisha and I'm 24. I'm currently at a weight of 50kgs and my height is 5' 5" and I'm trying to gain weight but I just don't seem to be able to!!

I'm a single mother of 2 boys, aged 4 & 2, so I guess being on my feet all day, doing the school runs, house work, necessity shopping in town etc doesn't help.
I'm looking to make friends who are in the same picture as me or are relatively in the same picture as me. I hope to find someone that I can just have a chat with, exchange tips, recipes etc.

If you would like to talk, please message me. My username is Alisha_Broadleday.

Thank you!! xxx:smile:

Replies

• jknh78
    jknh78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of three trying to gain a bit of weight. I stay so busy and don't always make time to eat well. Routinely logging my food really helps.
  • Nemsyl
    Nemsyl Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 32 year old father of 2, at home because of a disability. I'm 5'11 and have weighed about 120-125 since I was about 16.
    Seems like no matter what I do, I dont gain weight, or at least, I never keep it on.

But just in the last few days, my wife who introduced me to this site (tryxxie2013) set me up with a meal plan for 2 alternating days
    (only for 2 for now!). Since then (about a week), I've gone from 123 at my first weigh in, to consistantly staying between 128-132.

Almost 10lbs in a week! Best part is, it's all way better food that I was eating before...more expensive, but way better for me.
    I dont think it'll keep at this rate, but that's a great start and very encouraging to continue.

For me so far, the trick has been to come up with meal plans and stick to them. Only a week in, it's already turned into a habbit!
  • jazzyyoo
    jazzyyoo Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a mother of 8 months old twins. I'm 92 lbs and 5'5". I'm DESPERATE to gain weight. I'm always running around with my twins that I forget to take care of myself. My goal is to be 120lbs. It's a big stretch and its going to take awhile, but i'm determined!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    When my weight dips too low, my husband tells me to pack an extra pbj sandwich in my bag for work. I eat breakfast and pack my lunch and snacks the same, but take the extra sandwich to fit in either at lunch or the afternoon. Sometimes I also sit down with a tub of ice cream after dinner and just eat however much I want. I also like coffee, so sometimes I take a starbucks double shot energy for the afternoon~200 calories and 12 grams of protein, and have that with a meal bar or the pbj.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    why are you trying to gain? do you look skinny? i am 5'8" and 52 kilos and I'm trying to lose...
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    add me
  • dreamgirlmonkey
    Options
    Weight gain is hard...I was 98 pounds and was told to put on weight by my doctors...but they didn't tell me how. I ate everything fatty thinking it would do the trick but it only made me tired and foggy. I now am at 110 -115 and feel amazing energy every day. I eat 3 times a day and add a meal shake to my foods 3 times a day. My results were so increadable, I now help other people reach goals they never could imagine. Easy as 1,2,3.
  • sgvdms
    sgvdms Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    why are you trying to gain? do you look skinny? i am 5'8" and 52 kilos and I'm trying to lose...

Your BMI already suggests you are underweight? You don't really need to lose anymore, no?
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am 5'5" (165 cm) and I am around 128lbs (58kg). I am trying to maintain my weight / gain muscles. I have no direct weight goal or something like that. I just want to get more active now.

I used to eat my BMR + 100 kcal (1450 kcal) and ate my exercise kcal for a part back.
    Since a few days, I am trying to eat 1850 kcal (my TDEE). In my TDEE are small workouts like yoga and riding by bike regularly. I log other workouts like more intense cardio sessions and I'm planning to start weight lifting.
    I'm not eating everything back (because I think those calculators often overestimate the kcal), but I think I still eat a healthy amount :)

I'd be happy to find new friends for support :flowerforyou:
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend thought he had the problem where he just couldn't gain weight he was very thin for years , just so happens he just wasnt eating enough period
    His fairly active at work and just wasnt eating enough for his activity
    So I suggested he started counting calories we found out his maintaince calories starting wating more and now his over 2 stone heavier than he was and currently bulking to add some more and still gaining

So eat up , most likely your just simply not eating enough

Add more calorie dense foods like nuts , full fat milk butter cheese so you won't feel so full all of a sudden
  • owenmhartley
    owenmhartley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Alisha and I'm 24. I'm currently at a weight of 50kgs and my height is 5' 5" and I'm trying to gain weight but I just don't seem to be able to!!

I'm a single mother of 2 boys, aged 4 & 2, so I guess being on my feet all day, doing the school runs, house work, necessity shopping in town etc doesn't help.
    I'm looking to make friends who are in the same picture as me or are relatively in the same picture as me. I hope to find someone that I can just have a chat with, exchange tips, recipes etc.

If you would like to talk, please message me. My username is Alisha_Broadleday

Thank you!! xxx:smile:

Hi what is your daily calorific intake like at the minute
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm all about that forever bulk life
  • kristen_karg
    kristen_karg Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    anyone can add if they please :) definitely want help to stay motivated and to have new friends on MFP!
  • mamafree79
    mamafree79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am working on gaining as well. I'm 5'1 103lbs . I'd like to get up to 115. I am also a mother on one awesome little boy. My goal is to get FIT and tone specifically by butt, abs, and legs. My routine is that I work out twice a day, at home in my living room, 15 mins in the morning and 15 in the evening while consuming 2500 calories a day. I just watch youtube videos for my workouts. I am naturally athletic so exercise is easy for me the hardest part is EATING :-(. But I'm determined to do it.

I believe that for endomorphs like many of us, our metabolism speeds up as we consume more calories so its seems like we have to fake out our bodies by consuming all the time or just gain weight by gaining muscle. I think I'm gonna try both.

Please add me