fresh juice ideas

dion07
dion07 Posts: 16 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
hi all
i got a juicer yesterday, plan to make a juice each day to have if im feeling a little low, this preventing me reaching for sugary foods, i love all fruits & vegetables, if anyone has any ideas id love to hear them.
i have googled it , would love to hear of some personal experience.

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    I love juicing. I think my favorite of all includes carrots, celery, spinach (buy large leaves because they are sometimes difficult to get juiced unless you can roll them up kind of like into a cigar shape), and an apple. I have also added asparagus (don't over do it though) and Broccoli (didn't really like that too much). I have juiced fruit, but for some reason really do prefer the vegetables instead.
  • dion07
    dion07 Posts: 16 Member
    thank you, would you use this as a meal replacement, or just as a snack & would you only have 1 glass, im unsure of how much i should really be drinking, like you i prefer the vegetables to the fruits.
    thank you for the idea
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Sorry to be posting this so many days later, but I just didn't think to check back. I only use juice as a meal replacement for breakfast and sometimes lunch. It is really full of a lot of really good nutrients, but also calories - especially if you use apples and carrots (they are naturally high in sugar). I'm not even sure how to calculate the calories for fresh juice - maybe check out some of the recipes you can find on line and try to match them to what you are doing.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Vickie
This discussion has been closed.