Get your calories remaining on a smart watch

Options
urban_ninja
urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
Shout out to all programmers on here. Has anyone had luck accessing MFP's APIs? I want to build a Watchface for my Pebble SmartWatch that displays the calories remaining for the day so I can quickly glance to see where I stand. I was thinking to add a bunch of other things like macro percentages or even alerts that makes the watch vibrate when you reach a certain threshold.

I submitted my request for API access but was wondering if any independent developers will be authorized for something like this. I'd be doing it on my spare time and it won't be a corporate initiative. I just want it for me and make it available to all you awesome peeps for FREE. If MFP runs with the idea, super! If another company decides to do it, I'll buy it; less work for me.

I just want to make this happen!

EDIT: I have a developer account with Pebble already and have written some apps on that platform. I'm confident it can be done on this end.

Replies

• ladywizard43
    ladywizard43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea Steve! I really hope they let you run with it!! :)
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Still no word from them. I don't know why they can't open it up :sad:
  • mat1uk
    mat1uk Posts: 2
    Options
    Would love an extension like this if you ever get the api I will happily beta test for you
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Old thread, I know, but I would look into hooking into Runkeeper's API (HealthGraph) which is very open.