Fragile/Weak Wrists

Options
Hi guys, I struggle with things like push-ups, weight lifting and using my TRX because my wrists seem to be really weak (especially when it comes to push-ups and my TRX).

Is there anything I can do to strengthen them so that it doesn't continue to hamper my workouts or should I just chalk it up to needing to lose more body weight in order to handle my body weight on my wrists? (I'm 210 lbs btw)

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Replies

• nannanaa
    nannanaa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i had this tab on my browser but i haven't really had time to look into it so i'm not sure if it's actually any good.. It is for handstands but the mobility exercises might be useful for you :)

http://www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get wrist issues as well. I just use gloves with wrist support, if it gets to bad. Some days I need them others I'm fine without
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Try some reverse curls, wrist curls, and reverse wrist curls. You can also get a good set of grippers if you'd like (e.g. Captains of Crush).

This is all good to build bigger and stronger forearms which does help a lot, but wrists are just bone and cartilage. Also stretch your wrists really good before you do any type of workout.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!